OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 22, 2014, 04:19:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Truth and its process  (Read 1019 times) Average Rating: 0
Alonso_castillo
Elder

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Arquidiósesis de Guadalajara (México)

Me when younger

« on: May 17, 2010, 11:01:11 AM »

Somehow when we enter the process of deep knowledge, we can have many reactions, they all depend on the intelectual structures that form our complex system of understanding the surounding world.

This structures are formed by experience, all what we recieve trough our senses, Painful experiences, nice experiences, pasion experiences, piety, ilustrative experiences, etc. The personal understanding of the surrounding world is then a particular process, each individual creates its own particular structure of understanding.

Such understanding or system of understanding can enter into a crisis when challenged before others systems of understanding. Then, such a crisis of the particular system drives to react in contemplation or in rejection. Contemplation allows the individual to expand its understanding system by enriching its own with the experiences of others, and allows to qualify for good or for bad the alien experiences which is knowing by comunication. Rejection is a false protection, because it doesn't allow the particular system of understanding to qualify the alien experiences which it is confronted to.  Then such cesored System of understanding  does not reach a greater vision of the Truth.

To understand de process of rejection we have to differenciate it from the process of qualification. Rejection is censorship, it doesn't matter what the exchange of experiences signifies, I don't like it and I silence it. Fear is one of the causes, fear to be unable to understand and acomodate in our particular system of understanding the experieces exchanged with whom doesn't thinks as I do. But to be afraid of exchanging experiences that we are unable to understand and thus to qualify it, this is a natural experience by itself, and yet serenity and contemplation is the only valid way to expand our system of comprehension of a wider prospective of the Truth.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 11:02:37 AM by Alonso_castillo » Logged

Nisi Dominus aedificaverit Domum
in vanum laboraverunt qui aedifcant eam
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem
frustra vigilant qui custodit Eam
Mickey
OC.net guru

Faith: Holy Orthodoxy

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 12:22:23 PM »

Did you have a question?  Huh
Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 12:24:01 PM »

Did you have a question?  Huh

¿Why the fear to exchange experiences?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:24:14 PM by Alonso_castillo » Logged

ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 12:40:17 PM »

Somehow when we enter the process of deep knowledge, we can have many reactions, they all depend on the intelectual structures that form our complex system of understanding the surounding world.

This structures are formed by experience, all what we recieve trough our senses, Painful experiences, nice experiences, pasion experiences, piety, ilustrative experiences, etc. The personal understanding of the surrounding world is then a particular process, each individual creates its own particular structure of understanding.

Such understanding or system of understanding can enter into a crisis when challenged before others systems of understanding. Then, such a crisis of the particular system drives to react in contemplation or in rejection. Contemplation allows the individual to expand its understanding system by enriching its own with the experiences of others, and allows to qualify for good or for bad the alien experiences which is knowing by comunication. Rejection is a false protection, because it doesn't allow the particular system of understanding to qualify the alien experiences which it is confronted to.  Then such cesored System of understanding  does not reach a greater vision of the Truth.

To understand de process of rejection we have to differenciate it from the process of qualification. Rejection is censorship, it doesn't matter what the exchange of experiences signifies, I don't like it and I silence it. Fear is one of the causes, fear to be unable to understand and acomodate in our particular system of understanding the experieces exchanged with whom doesn't thinks as I do. But to be afraid of exchanging experiences that we are unable to understand and thus to qualify it, this is a natural experience by itself, and yet serenity and contemplation is the only valid way to expand our system of comprehension of a wider prospective of the Truth.
Was the Temptation in the Desert an "exchanging of experieces," or good rebuking evil?

What "exchange" are you lookig to pick?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Mickey
OC.net guru

Faith: Holy Orthodoxy

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 12:49:53 PM »

Which experiences?
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 01:01:12 PM »

Which experiences?

It seems we have scared poor Alonso off line.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 01:26:26 PM »

Which experiences?

My happines to be catholic.

Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 01:28:10 PM »

Which experiences?

It seems we have scared poor Alonso off line.

I don't live from taking money from believers, I have a job and have to take care of it, can't stay here for long periods of time, ¿and you?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:28:56 PM by Alonso_castillo » Logged

HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 01:34:58 PM »

Which experiences?

The main title of this forum is OrthodoxChristianity.net. The title of this particular sub-section is Orthodox-Catholic DISCUSSION.

The word discussion infers the exchanging of ideas. Thus far, the thread you have started about the Catholic Church have not been a dialog. They have been you boasting about your love of being Catholic. A bunch of pictures of Catholic Churches and "I <3 the Catholic Church!" does not a discussion make, nor is it interesting for anyone to read.

If you would like to discuss matters pertaining to both the Catholic and the Orthodox Churches, or questions about matters of the Catholic faith and how the Orthodox Church views them, THAT, my friend, is a discussion.

Your rants about the Catholic Church and how everyone should be Catholic because you love being Catholic because being Catholic is great, and "OH MY GOSH I JUST LOVE BEING CATHOLIC!!!", is NOT a discussion!

(This is not meant as a post of disrespect towards to the Catholic Church, but more about the finer points of what a discussion is and is not.)

So if you actually have a question that you would like Orthodox Christians to answer with contributions from our Catholic posters, please, by all means, post one.

Otherwise, have a nice day! Smiley

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 01:37:12 PM »

Was the Temptation in the Desert an "exchanging of experieces," or good rebuking evil?

And yet, Can you show us that Jesus banned Satan to speak with him?

Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 01:41:08 PM »

Which experiences?

The main title of this forum is OrthodoxChristianity.net. The title of this particular sub-section is Orthodox-Catholic DISCUSSION.

The word discussion infers the exchanging of ideas. Thus far, the thread you have started about the Catholic Church have not been a dialog. They have been you boasting about your love of being Catholic. A bunch of pictures of Catholic Churches and "I <3 the Catholic Church!" does not a discussion make, nor is it interesting for anyone to read.

If you would like to discuss matters pertaining to both the Catholic and the Orthodox Churches, or questions about matters of the Catholic faith and how the Orthodox Church views them, THAT, my friend, is a discussion.

Your rants about the Catholic Church and how everyone should be Catholic because you love being Catholic because being Catholic is great, and "OH MY GOSH I JUST LOVE BEING CATHOLIC!!!", is NOT a discussion!

(This is not meant as a post of disrespect towards to the Catholic Church, but more about the finer points of what a discussion is and is not.)

So if you actually have a question that you would like Orthodox Christians to answer with contributions from our Catholic posters, please, by all means, post one.

Otherwise, have a nice day! Smiley

So your own particular structures of understanding, could not acomodate a Happy catholic sharing his experience?, better not to let him speak than qualifying his exposure with my own points of disertion? Quite narrow.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:41:42 PM by Alonso_castillo » Logged

tuesdayschild
High Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 01:42:56 PM »

And yet, Can you show us that Jesus banned Satan to speak with him?

Do you really want to make that comparison?
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 01:51:17 PM »

Alonso_castillo,
OC.net is not your personal blog.  As HandmaidenofGod pointed out, this site, particularly the Orthodox-Catholic Discussion sub-forum, is designed to foster discussion between communicants of the two churches to foster better understanding of their respective theologies and to provide additional clarity in regards to the points of contention.  Your repeated gushing about your feelings on being Catholic does not foster such discussion.  Note, we are not trying to silence you, but rather guide you to be a participant on OC.net in our admittedly "narrow" way, as you put it. 

Schultz,
Religious Topics section moderator

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: