OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 06:32:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I found recordings of the entire Syriac Orthodox divine liturgy!!! :D  (Read 985 times) Average Rating: 5
Blissfully Unaware

Faith: Converting to Oriental Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Syriac Orthodox

« on: May 16, 2010, 09:12:14 PM »

I am so happy today! Not only was I fortunate enough to be able to experience the divine liturgy at my wonderful church, but I also found a website with the entire divine liturgy available in MP3 format. There are several recordings from different dates, locations, and celebrants.

It's just amazing. Here I was earlier today on the west coast of the United States experiencing the liturgy, and now I am listening to a divine liturgy that took place all the way in Jerusalem and it is the exact same as what I heard today! Each hymn, everything (well maybe the short bible reading is different), but almost the entire divine liturgy is just like what I heard today on the other side of the world! I can't even describe how I feel listening to this right now.

I hope what I wrote made at least a little bit of sense. I just wanted to share this with others:

http://www.zmirotho.org/Recorded%20Divine%20Liturgy/DivineLiturgy.htm
Tags: Syriac Orthodox Oriental Orthodox prayers 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: