OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 07:12:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catholicism, from a happy catholic.  (Read 34567 times) Average Rating: 0
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #360 on: May 16, 2010, 07:56:44 PM »

Holy Orthodox Ukrain.... Grin

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #361 on: May 16, 2010, 07:58:34 PM »

Orthodox Church - Tokyo, Japan

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #362 on: May 16, 2010, 08:01:59 PM »

Holy Orthodox Ukrain Again....Grin

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #363 on: May 16, 2010, 08:03:21 PM »

Alonso- what is your purpose with this thread? You are repeating yourself a great deal. And the pictures are so huge that anyone without a very highspeed connection couldn't even see them. If you want to revel in your catholicism why don't you go and join one of the catholic forums? They have plenty of catholics that would truly enjoy your photos. Here you are not likely to find a great deal of support in this area. In all honesty there isn't any beauty that the Catholic church has that the Orthodox church doesn't have in spades. And for some Orthodox the fact that there are pews alone means it is unacceptable! laugh

The porpouse of this thread is as it reads, Catholicism, from a happy catholic, not more, to show you the happiness of being catholic, and answer those who would like to comment the pictures, you can enter here to watch and coment the pictures, or if you don't like  to see catholic pictures you can go to all the tousands of threads out of this one. I don't need support, I am not looking for support,  I said it before, we can't love what we don't know, ¿How do you expect to love catholicism if you don't know it?,, ¿How can we desire to be united if we don't love each other?, We are meant to be united, knowledge will drive us to love and love to unity that is my popint. I am not calling anybody to catholicism but to know catholicism out of prejudice from a practicant catholic, and not from a desobedient one that has apostated or from a converted protestant who carries its anticatholicism into orthodoxy poissoning its heart against catholicism

I really hope your goal isn't to persuade Orthodox Christians to be Catholic. If that is your goal you are barking up the wrong tree. For every beautiful picture you post there are just as many (if not more) images that show the beauty of the Orthodox church.

I know that Orthodoxy has beautiful images too, I only want you to know that catholicism is as baeutiful and ful of meaning  so you can desire unity over division, not conversion, that is not the goal

You aren't sharing anything about Catholicism, you are showing pretty pictures. Again, you are showing pretty pictures of things that Orthodox churches already have. You will continue to UTTERLY FAIL at your aforementioned goal if you continue this way.

1) The photos are way too large, most people don't have a fast enough connection to see them and won't wait the hours it will take to load this thread page by page. Perhaps re-size to a smaller size or provide links.

2) You are repeating yourself over and over ad nauseum

3) The way you are posting is insulting to those that are not Catholic.

4) This doesn't look like a "happy catholic" this looks like a smug catholic.

You have failed with this approach, you might try another.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:05:19 PM by Quinault » Logged
Cosmos

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of North America

أيها الرب يسوع المسيح ابن الله, إرحمني أنا الخاطئ

« Reply #364 on: May 16, 2010, 08:04:11 PM »

Alonso- what is your purpose with this thread? You are repeating yourself a great deal. And the pictures are so huge that anyone without a very highspeed connection couldn't even see them. If you want to revel in your catholicism why don't you go and join one of the catholic forums? They have plenty of catholics that would truly enjoy your photos. Here you are not likely to find a great deal of support in this area. In all honesty there isn't any beauty that the Catholic church has that the Orthodox church doesn't have in spades. And for some Orthodox the fact that there are pews alone means it is unacceptable! laugh

I really hope your goal isn't to persuade Orthodox Christians to be Catholic thru pretty pictures. If that is your goal you are barking up the wrong tree. For every beautiful picture you post there are just as many (if not more) images that show the beauty of the Orthodox church.

Quite so!  Smiley

Alonso's presence on this forum, and on this thread in particular, has demonstrated what might be considered internet troll behavior, IMO.  Undecided

Cosmos
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:05:12 PM by Cosmos » Logged

Κύριε Ἰησοῦ Χριστέ, ἐλέησόν με!
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #365 on: May 16, 2010, 08:05:10 PM »

St. Alexander Nevsky made the same decision as Stashko.  This is the result:

Actually St. Alexander Nevsky is our Holy Patron Saint [krsna Slava] that we celebrate honor every year...

If that so said """Saint""" sugested that Islam is a God gift protection against Catholicism, Be Anathema.
No, it was protection of the Catholic Church against the Vatican. Anathema to the Teutonic Knights and the synagogue of Satan who sent them.

Once more if anyone says that God Created Islam for the salvation of Men directly through or as a protector for. Be Anathema.
No one said that. What we have said that living under the infidelity of Islam protected the Catholic Church from the Vatican's heresies.

¿Are you saying that is a God Blessing losing millions of souls into Hell for their apostasy of Jesus? just to protect few souls from Catholicism, very blasphemous are your thoughts..
No, protecting Catholic souls from the blasphemies of Ultramontanism.

Of course, it would be better to fall under a government which professed Orthodoxy, which St. Alexander's successors did.

I was thinking about St. Alexander's contemporaries.  He was born during the rule of the heretical pope Honorius (the third heretical pope of that name), who crowned a usurping Latin for Constantinople (he was captured and died in captivity), who sent off the orgy of greed known as the Fifth Crusade (in Egypt, the local Orthodox point out with pride where the Crusaders, led by Louis of France, were captured and repulsed: as a result, alone among the Orthodox patriarchates, Alexandria was never made to wear the yoke of the Vatican's patriarch), approved the war of extermination of the Cathari in Southern France, and the Crusades into the Baltic, which St. Alexander eventually stopped.

Honorius was succeeded by the heretic Gregory IX (groomed by his relative, the heretic pope Innocent III) who disgraced the throne of Pope St. Gregory the Great by pursuing secular power: having excommuicated Frederick II to goad him into Crusading in the Holy Land, Gregory took advantage by invading Frederick's possessions in Italy. When the emperor succeeded in repulsing the papal states, Gregory convened a coucil to proclaim the emperor a heretic, and formed the Inquisition to suppress "heresy."  Gregory really merited damnation for sending the Crusaders in the North to conquor the Russian Orthodox to enslave them to the Vatican.

Next, after a papacy that didn't last three weeks, came the heretic Innocent IV, who convened his council of Lyons I, to which came the heretical and usurping patriarchs of the East and the so called emperor in Constantinople.  He expanded the power of the Inquisition to torture.  He also "canonized" Margaret of Scotland, who suppressed the Celtic Church.

Not-so-Innocent was succeeded by Alexander IV, Gregory iX's nephew.  In his days the heretical use of excommunication for political hegemony was exposed for the farce it was.  Then the usurping heretical patriarch of Jerusalem ascended as Urban IV: when the Orthodox expelled the Latins from Constantinople, he tried to organize a Crusade of heretics to retake it.

In his days, the Lord called Alexander Nevsky to join the heavenly choir as his reward.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #366 on: May 16, 2010, 08:08:40 PM »

Cathedral of the Annunciation ,Kremlin Holy Mother Russia... Grin

ialmisry
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church

« Reply #367 on: May 16, 2010, 08:13:04 PM »

St. Alexander Nevsky made the same decision as Stashko.  This is the result:

Actually St. Alexander Nevsky is our Holy Patron Saint [krsna Slava] that we celebrate honor every year...

If that so said """Saint""" sugested that Islam is a God gift protection against Catholicism, Be Anathema.
No, it was protection of the Catholic Church against the Vatican. Anathema to the Teutonic Knights and the synagogue of Satan who sent them.

Once more if anyone says that God Created Islam for the salvation of Men directly through or as a protector for. Be Anathema.
No one said that. What we have said that living under the infidelity of Islam protected the Catholic Church from the Vatican's heresies.

When I talk to other Orthodox bishops and clergy about what I encounter on the Internet, I am told to stay away from people who speak as you speak and they refer to people who speak as you speak as the "lunatic fringe"...meaning that your positions are not a significant part of universal Orthodoxy.

Frankly I am not as inclined to dismiss people like you out of hand and it is bit annoying that my concerns are dismissed so cavalierly.  I think people who speak as you speak are very dangerous and the attitude you project has made Catholic martyrs over time.

I would hope that the Catholic Church is wise enough, in the future,  to allow some Orthodox faithful to choose their preferred headgear.

Mary

My, my Mary, what are you doing taking instruction from Orthodox clergy? Roll Eyes

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
Alonso_castillo
Elder

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Arquidiósesis de Guadalajara (México)

Me when younger

« Reply #368 on: May 16, 2010, 08:14:18 PM »

The porpouse of this thread is as it reads, Catholicism, from a happy catholic, not more, to show you the happiness of being catholic, and answer those who would like to comment the pictures, you can enter here to watch and coment the pictures, or if you don't like  to see catholic pictures you can go to all the tousands of threads out of this one. I don't need support, I am not looking for support,  I said it before, we can't love what we don't know, ¿How do you expect to love catholicism if you don't know it?,, ¿How can we desire to be united if we don't love each other?, We are meant to be united, knowledge will drive us to love and love to unity that is my popint. I am not calling anybody to catholicism but to know catholicism out of prejudice from a practicant catholic, and not from a desobedient one that has apostated or from a converted protestant who carries its anticatholicism into orthodoxy poissoning its heart against catholicism

I really hope your goal isn't to persuade Orthodox Christians to be Catholic. If that is your goal you are barking up the wrong tree. For every beautiful picture you post there are just as many (if not more) images that show the beauty of the Orthodox church.

I know that Orthodoxy has beautiful images too, I only want you to know that catholicism is as baeutiful and ful of meaning  so you can desire unity over division, not conversion, that is not the goal

You aren't sharing anything about Catholicism, you are showing pretty pictures. Again, you are showing pretty pictures of things that Orthodox churches already have. You will continue to UTTERLY FAIL at your aforementioned goal if you continue this way.

1) The photos are way too large, most people don't have a fast enough connection to see them and won't wait the hours it will take to load this thread page by page. Perhaps re-size to a smaller size or provide links.

2) You are repeating yourself over and over ad nauseum

3) The way you are posting is insulting to those that are not Catholic.

You have failed with this approach, you might try another.

As I said it Before, you don't have to see the pictures if you don't like them, and if you can't see them as fast as you would like, I am sorry, wait a bit . If really believe that there is nothing I can tell you  about catholicism that you don't already know, then you don't need to enter here.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:17:57 PM by Alonso_castillo » Logged

Nisi Dominus aedificaverit Domum
in vanum laboraverunt qui aedifcant eam
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem
frustra vigilant qui custodit Eam
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #369 on: May 16, 2010, 08:14:54 PM »

I would add the adjective "triumphalistic".
Andrew21091
OC.net guru

« Reply #370 on: May 16, 2010, 08:15:04 PM »

Sorry, I don't think showing photos of either of our churches can prove that one faith is true. Alonso, you post all these pictures of churches and celebrations and trying to show us how big you church is, but really size is irrelevant.

Millions of Muslims go to Mecca and pray at the Ka'ba. Look how faithful they are! They are millions but would you say that since they have such a large number of people, does that make them the true faith? I wouldn't say that. The Church isn't measured by the size of its temples or festivals; its all about what it teaches, and I know you disagree with me, but I have found that Orthodoxy has kept the faith of the Apostles and I have not been convinced otherwise. You are not going to convince me (or anyone else for that matter) that your church is true by posting pictures of your beautiful churches and I will admit, many Catholic churches are beautiful (in my city, one of the most beautiful buildings is a Catholic Church) but many mosques also have beauty to them but the beauty of their architecture doesn't mean that what they teach is true.

I don't wish to offend or fight about this but I think many of the things going on in this thread are kind of silly.
Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #371 on: May 16, 2010, 08:18:29 PM »

I really hope your goal isn't to persuade Orthodox Christians to be Catholic thru pretty pictures. If that is your goal you are barking up the wrong tree. For every beautiful picture you post there are just as many (if not more) images that show the beauty of the Orthodox church.

Quite so!  Smiley

Alonso's presence on this forum, and on this thread in particular, has demonstrated what might be considered internet troll behavior, IMO.  Undecided

Cosmos

and yet you keep entering here.

Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #372 on: May 16, 2010, 08:19:57 PM »

Sorry, I don't think showing photos of either of our churches can prove that one faith is true. Alonso, you post all these pictures of churches and celebrations and trying to show us how big you church is, but really size is irrelevant.

Millions of Muslims go to Mecca and pray at the Ka'ba. Look how faithful they are! They are millions but would you say that since they have such a large number of people, does that make them the true faith? I wouldn't say that. The Church isn't measured by the size of its temples or festivals; its all about what it teaches, and I know you disagree with me, but I have found that Orthodoxy has kept the faith of the Apostles and I have not been convinced otherwise. You are not going to convince me (or anyone else for that matter) that your church is true by posting pictures of your beautiful churches and I will admit, many Catholic churches are beautiful (in my city, one of the most beautiful buildings is a Catholic Church) but many mosques also have beauty to them but the beauty of their architecture doesn't mean that what they teach is true.

I don't wish to offend or fight about this but I think many of the things going on in this thread are kind of silly.
Muslims are not christians. Period.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:21:07 PM by Alonso_castillo » Logged

Andrew21091
OC.net guru

« Reply #373 on: May 16, 2010, 08:25:58 PM »

Muslims are not christians. Period.

I never suggested they were. You missed the point of my post. You want to prove truth by numbers and I showed that many Muslims also have powerful faith in what they believe as well, so you cannot prove that your church is true because it is bigger. Read my whole post.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #374 on: May 16, 2010, 08:30:01 PM »

In the south of Mexico there's going to be Quite alot of mexican, bowing toward the Kibla, ....Orthodoxy has to go there and stem that for sure like yesterday..... Grin

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #375 on: May 16, 2010, 08:30:20 PM »

A new missionary church in Mongolia.... bringing Buddhists to Christ.

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #376 on: May 16, 2010, 08:37:29 PM »

To be Catholic is to look for unity of Brothers, in obedience to Our Lord's desire.

And for those who don't submit... well nothing makes someone submit like a boot to the throat, eh?

This looks to me like it is vicious anti-Catholic slander. I don;t think that these soldiers or police have anything at all to do with the Catholic religion.

I wasn't talking about Catholicism, I was commenting on how the Orthodox say, on the one hand, that they are committed to "unity" and "love," yet have no problem treating their own Orthodox brothers like dirt, persecuting them through the means of secular authorities. The picture in question came from the Orthodox Esphigmenou monastery website. Esphigmenou refuses to be "obedient" to the Ecumenical Patriarch, because they deem the "dialogue of love" and talk of unity to be a betrayal of Orthodoxy. So while the Ecumenical Patriarchate is more than happy to recognize the sacraments of the heterodox, it uses worldly authorities to suppress opposition from within Orthodoxy. Pat. Bartholomew offers you a hand of love; he offers Orthodox monks a boot to the throat.

Lovely unity among you
Look above, where I summarize the unity brought under the boot of the despots of the Vatican in St. Alexander's days.  Maybe the EP is taking lessons...

Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #377 on: May 16, 2010, 08:40:15 PM »

The first Catholic Church in Qatar: (calling muslims to Christ)

Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #378 on: May 16, 2010, 08:41:56 PM »

To be Catholic is to look for unity of Brothers, in obedience to Our Lord's desire.

And for those who don't submit... well nothing makes someone submit like a boot to the throat, eh?

This looks to me like it is vicious anti-Catholic slander. I don;t think that these soldiers or police have anything at all to do with the Catholic religion.

I wasn't talking about Catholicism, I was commenting on how the Orthodox say, on the one hand, that they are committed to "unity" and "love," yet have no problem treating their own Orthodox brothers like dirt, persecuting them through the means of secular authorities. The picture in question came from the Orthodox Esphigmenou monastery website. Esphigmenou refuses to be "obedient" to the Ecumenical Patriarch, because they deem the "dialogue of love" and talk of unity to be a betrayal of Orthodoxy. So while the Ecumenical Patriarchate is more than happy to recognize the sacraments of the heterodox, it uses worldly authorities to suppress opposition from within Orthodoxy. Pat. Bartholomew offers you a hand of love; he offers Orthodox monks a boot to the throat.

Lovely unity among you
Look above, where I summarize the unity brought under the boot of the despots of the Vatican in St. Alexander's days.  Maybe the EP is taking lessons...

Your protestant Anticatholicism Blinds you.

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #379 on: May 16, 2010, 08:44:54 PM »

Lovely unity among you

When the supreme pontiff of the Vatican left the unity of the Catholic Church, still know among the other patriarchs, he became the first Protestant.

Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #380 on: May 16, 2010, 08:54:28 PM »

Lovely unity among you

When the supreme pontiff of the Vatican left the unity of the Catholic Church, still know among the other patriarchs, he became the first Protestant.
Pope was always the head of tha church, and those under Constantinople influence beheaded themselves, and now they live headless, discusing between them how to make single dioseses of multiple churches, that is the failed ecclesiology they have until our days. The same ecclesiology that is seen in the protestant world, your former mother faith, now spread over more than 30,000 different churches only in USA, the only thing that unites them is the same feeling you keep showing now ANTICATHOLICISM.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:58:20 PM by Alonso_castillo » Logged

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #381 on: May 16, 2010, 09:01:18 PM »

Holy Orthodox Bulgaria..... The Dormition of the Theotokos Cathedral.. Grin

stashko
Protokentarchos

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #382 on: May 16, 2010, 09:10:18 PM »

Holy Orthodoxy in Qatar... Grin

The very V. Reverend Archimandrite Makarios

http://www.qorthodox.org/english/qatar_church.htm

Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #383 on: May 16, 2010, 09:15:37 PM »

The Catholic Church in Mongolia.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:16:42 PM by Alonso_castillo » Logged

Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #384 on: May 16, 2010, 09:15:51 PM »

Alonso- the fact that you are unwilling to resize photos to a more manageable size betrays your motivation. You are playing "better then" and I will not play along.  If you truly wanted to help people understand Catholicism then you would resize photos so that people could actually LOOK AT THE THREAD. You apparently have  a posting continence issue.
Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #385 on: May 16, 2010, 09:17:35 PM »

Alonso- the fact that you are unwilling to resize photos to a more manageable size betrays your motivation. You are playing "better then" and I will not play along.  If you truly wanted to help people understand Catholicism then you would resize photos so that people could actually LOOK AT THE THREAD. You apparently have  a posting continence issue.

¿Why dont you say the same to The other orthodox posters?

Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #386 on: May 16, 2010, 09:20:38 PM »

But really- don't you have better things to do than search for Catholic photos and post them on a Orthodox site? How about serving those around you instead of investing your time online? Obviously you have some skills in the area of internet searching, I am sure you could put those skills to good use elsewhere.

I haven't said anything to other posters because none of them have had 10 pages of a thread dedicated to their soapbox. The admin are being exceptionally tolerant of you. Your posting is bordering on spam level.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #387 on: May 16, 2010, 09:22:47 PM »

Don't thnk I'd want to go inside that building.  It's as ugly as a gas chamber and gives me the willies.
Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #388 on: May 16, 2010, 09:25:18 PM »

But really- don't you have better things to do than search for Catholic photos and post them on a Orthodox site? How about serving those around you instead of investing your time online? Obviously you have some skills in the area of internet searching, I am sure you could put those skills to good use elsewhere.

I haven't said anything to other posters because none of them have had 10 pages of a thread dedicated to their soapbox. The admin are being exceptionally tolerant of you. Your posting is bordering on spam level.

I wonder why you have to eat what makes you stomach ache. Is that penitence?

Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #389 on: May 16, 2010, 09:26:27 PM »

Don't thnk I'd want to go inside that building.  It's as ugly as a gas chamber and gives me the willies.

If you were blind ¿What would you do then? remember that senses can cheat you
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:29:05 PM by Alonso_castillo » Logged

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #390 on: May 16, 2010, 09:27:05 PM »

I cut down my photos.  The picture of the Mongolian church was 2.5Mb.   It was quite magnificent.  But I cut it down to about 550Kb so as not to burden the readers and their computers.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #391 on: May 16, 2010, 09:28:22 PM »

I think your comment doesn't translate well to english, it doesn't make any sense to me. If you are trying to make a jab at me, that hardly gives your goal of showing the positive aspects of Catholicism any credence.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:30:02 PM by Quinault » Logged
Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #392 on: May 16, 2010, 09:33:54 PM »

I think your comment doesn't translate well to english, it doesn't make any sense to me. If you are trying to make a jab at me, that hardly gives your goal of showing the positive aspects of Catholicism any credence.

Yes I am not an english native speaker.

Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #393 on: May 16, 2010, 09:34:58 PM »

I cut down my photos.  The picture of the Mongolian church was 2.5Mb.   It was quite magnificent.  But I cut it down to about 550Kb so as not to burden the readers and their computers.
mine are 377 kb

Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #394 on: May 16, 2010, 09:34:58 PM »

Nissi Dominus aedificaverit Domum
Nissi Dominus custodierit civitatem

It's been driving me mad for days and I gotta mention it or bust.

It's not "nissi" - it's "nisi"  - just one 's'
Alonso_castillo
Elder

Me when younger

« Reply #395 on: May 16, 2010, 09:35:10 PM »

To Be Catholic is to be where The Apostles are.

St Thomas.

St James.

St Paul

St Peter

« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:51:12 PM by Alonso_castillo » Logged

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #396 on: May 16, 2010, 09:38:23 PM »

I think he's saying, "I'm going to post what I want.  If you don't like that, then don't read this thread."

As we can see, though, Alonso draws fuel from our responses.  If we want him to stop posting, the best thing to do is not glorify his posts with replies.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #397 on: May 16, 2010, 09:40:48 PM »

But really- don't you have better things to do than search for Catholic photos and post them on a Orthodox site?......
I haven't said anything to other posters because none of them have had 10 pages of a thread dedicated to their soapbox....

I've been wondering if the man is engaged in trying to fight off a fatal attraction.    Smiley
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #398 on: May 16, 2010, 09:41:53 PM »

Grin laugh
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #399 on: May 16, 2010, 09:57:26 PM »

Wow, thanks for sharing that picture with us. It really underscores how far your Church has fallen away from Apostolic Tradition. That is such a sad and empty looking modernist parish.  Sad

As for calling Muslims to Christ, most likely it serves the large number of Indian and Filipino day laborers there more than serving converts from Islam.

Met. Demetrius's Enthronement

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #400 on: May 16, 2010, 11:44:23 PM »

Pope was always the head of tha church,

Head of your church.  As for the Catholic Church, we have our own Head.

and those under Constantinople influence beheaded themselves, and now they live headless,

No one is under Constantinople, no matter what the EP promised you.  That's why he can't sign us over.

discusing between them how to make single dioseses of multiple churches,

You mean, like the four patriarchs of Antioch that the Vatican has?

that is the failed ecclesiology they have until our days.

from the days of the Apostles. 2,000 years and going strong.  If that's failure, I wonder what success looks like.  Certainly not like a clown mass.

The same ecclesiology that is seen in the protestant world,

Then how is it that we have remained the One Church for at least nearly a millenium, even by your distorted reading of history?  Your Protestant siblings keep on splitting, as indeed you have with the Old Catholics, SSPX, Lefebre, not to mention failures like this:

your former mother faith, now spread over more than 30,000 different churches only in USA, the only thing that unites them is the same feeling you keep showing now ANTICATHOLICISM.
I've embraced the Catholic Faith.  You continue to Protest against it.

ialmisry
Hypatos

« Reply #401 on: May 16, 2010, 11:47:53 PM »

Holy Mother Russia Again... Grin

Actually, it's Dresden.  Given the role the German emperors played in dragging Rome down into schism and heresy, how appropos that the Church of St. Alexander Nevsky and all the saints evangelizes the land of the Teutonic knights.

PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #402 on: May 18, 2010, 02:26:40 AM »

I decided it better to keep this thread on the Public Forum (well... move it back from the Private Board w/ Fr. George's approval) where Alonso started it, but keep it locked.  I thought I saw some interesting side discussions on here, so I'm in the process of finding these so I can split them off onto their own threads.  Please bear with me.

The tangent that was started after I moved this thread to the Private Forum has remained there on the Private Forum and can be accessed by those who have access to the Private Forum by clicking the following link:  http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,27649.html
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #403 on: May 18, 2010, 03:31:28 AM »

Tangents Split Off This Thread:
This thread still locked.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 03:32:49 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Tags: