OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 20, 2014, 05:06:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Candidate for the Priesthood  (Read 1127 times) Average Rating: 0
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« on: January 20, 2004, 04:24:54 PM »

Tomorrow evening [ Wednesday] ,in the Chapel of the Pontificio Collegiio Scozzeze in Rome at 7pm [ Rome] Gerald Sharkey will formally be accepted as a Candidate for the Priesthood.

I have personally known Gerald since he was 11 years old as he entered S1 . Throughout his 6 years of Seconday Education I was in no doubt where he was called to be , He spent 1 year in University here studying languages [ German and French ] before he was admitted, following his year's discernment, to our Rome Seminary.

He is now in his Fifth year there and his desire/willingness to serve the Father has not wavered.

I ask your prayers to support him now as he nears the end of his studies. God willing , he will be Ordained to the Diaconate in April 2005 and to Service as a Priest in June 2006.

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 04:51:32 PM »

Many prayers for the servant of God, Gerald.

May he continue to be both illuminated and used of God as he gives himself to service.

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 06:33:11 PM »

May the Holy Spirit guide Gerald on his path to serving the Lord.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 01:10:45 AM »

Prayers for your friend Gerald.

The priest of the RC parish in my town, Fr. Bill, also attended seminary in Rome.

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
amhalaba

St. Michael, defend us in the midst of battle.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 01:44:22 PM »

Prayers for a long and blessed journey, Gerald, in service to the Body of Christ, our Lord.

"To live is to change, and to become perfect is to change often." - John Henry Neumann
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: