OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 11:41:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Türkçe/Turkish?  (Read 1673 times) Average Rating: 0
Blissfully Unaware

Faith: Converting to Oriental Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Syriac Orthodox

« on: May 08, 2010, 04:43:27 AM »

Herkese Merhaba! (Hi everyone!)

I saw this section and I just couldn't resist! Does anyone here speak Turkish? I've been learning for about a year.

Hoşçakal! Smiley
Efendi

Faith: Islam
Jurisdiction: Islam

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 03:29:51 PM »

Merhaba Blisfully Unaware.

Ben türkiyedenim. Türkçe konusunda yardımcı olabilirsem sevinirim.

I am from Turkey, If I could be helpfull about Turkish I will be pleased

I don't know your level of Turkish, and if you could understand me, that is why I write the translation.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 05:17:29 PM »

Theophilos78 and also Theotokos are Turkish.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 06:36:30 PM »

I need a translation of this: 'YANIMDAYSAN KIYMETİNİ ; UZAGIMDAYSAN HADDINI BILECEKSIN !'

Disclaimer: I have no idea what does it mean. There can be s-words. I don't want to offend anyone.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Theophilos78
OC.net guru

Faith: Yahwist-Apostolic Christian
Jurisdiction: Adonai Yeshua

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »

I need a translation of this: 'YANIMDAYSAN KIYMETİNİ ; UZAGIMDAYSAN HADDINI BILECEKSIN !'

Disclaimer: I have no idea what does it mean. There can be s-words. I don't want to offend anyone.

Something like:

"You shall know your value/how much you mean, if you are near me; your boundaries/the line drawn before you, if you are away from me".

Haddini bilmek means: knowing one's place, knowing that one should not overstep, one should not cross the line....

Longing for Heavenly Jerusalem
Michał Kalina
Stratopedarches

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 04:10:20 AM »

Thank you.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
psalm110
Elder

Faith: Christianity
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 10:10:13 AM »

I've found this Orthodox Turkish Liturgy on Youtube I am wondering if there is any more Hymns in Turkish out there

http://youtu.be/YL8uBEpxHkc

Thanks
Ancilla Domini

Faith: Traditional Roman Catholic

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 11:28:54 PM »

Merhaba! Ben çok iyi Türkçe bilmiyorum, ama öğreniyorum.  Smiley
KostaC

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Chicago & the Diocese of Washington (Orthodox Church in America)

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 11:17:54 PM »

Merhaba, everyone!

Ben Konstantinos. Ben yunanlim. Unfortunately at the time being, my Turkish is negligible, but hopefully and God-willing this coming fall semester, I might be able to take Turkish outside of my university with a locally-based programme. I was lucky enough to visit the Queen of Cities in March, and like the emissaries of Prince Vladimir, I found beauty in the City beyond belief. I also had to write about the Bektashi Order of Sufi Muslims and their views on scientific materialism and I had to conduct an interview with the dervish, and because he didn't speak too much English and I didn't speak Albanian or Arabic, we were able to communicate with the little bits of Turkish that we both knew, and boy was I never more proud of myself in my life when I could give him my phone-number in Turkish and write down his own  Grin!

I've been dying to find any religious texts in Turkish simply for the sake of learning, and also if I am able to study in Thessaloniki in two years (God willing--İnşallah!) and be part of a programme where I would be sent to Istanbul to study and reside both in the Fener and Kadıköy, and I can redeem myself in the eyes of the friends I made there because good Lord were my skills in Turkish both dismal and embarrassing.

I hope I can meet some Turkish Orthodox-Christians; it's been awhile since I've really talked to any of them, and Lord knows they have more problems to deal with right now than me due to the events unfolding in Taksim. Not to incite any anger or bring politics into a religious website, but Taksim is a magical place; I honestly think I'd shed a tear to return and see the Park made into a shopping mall complex.

"Μην αγωνιάτε, λοιπόν, για το αύριο, γιατί η αυριανή μέρα θα έχει τις δικές φροντίδες. Φτάνουν οι έγνοιες τής κάθε μέρας." Κατά Ματθαίον 6:25-34
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: