OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 12:41:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where the Wild Things Are  (Read 450 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« on: May 10, 2010, 12:46:04 AM »

I enjoyed the book "Where the Wild Things Are" tremendously when I was a child. It was one of those books that you ask to be read over, and over and over because it is so fun to hear.

The movie is about as "fun" and geared toward children as "Watership Down." If you grew up in a divorced household, or with a lot of childhood turmoil, this is NOT the movie for you unless you want to end up huddled in the corner slashing your wrists.

If you watch it I highly suggest that you do so with the sound OFF. Even Rifftracks couldn't make this movie less depressing.
Young Spirit
Micheal, called "Mikey"

Faith: Protestant
Jurisdiction: Church of the Nazarene

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 07:30:12 AM »

Agreed.

As the Telegraph put it, "the film yo-yos in bi-polar, angry-sad fashion for what seems like an eternity"

My hope is the Father, my refuge is the Son, my shelter is the Holy Spirit, O Holy Trinity, Glory to You.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: