OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 02:46:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pirate Links  (Read 1626 times) Average Rating: 0
jbc1949

St. Adeodatus--Given by God

« on: January 20, 2004, 01:02:35 PM »

The "Pirate Links" links just popped up on my Explorer page when I accessed orthodoxchristianity.net.  Is this a part of your esteemed, Orthodox-based web site or is something amiss?

Not trying to create a stir--just curious.

Thanks,

Jim C.
the slave
intolerant of intolerance
High Elder

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: UGCC

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 01:07:13 PM »

and the Pirate's Avatar was missing too

"Never let anyone try to tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern. The West was fully Orthodox for a thousand years; and her venerable liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."
- St. John Maximovitch
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 01:08:14 PM »

Methinks our resident pirate is taking his role playing a bit too far, eh? Tongue

"Forgive me that great love leads me to talking nonsense." Barsanuphius
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 01:30:52 PM »

What our esteemed Cap'n needs to do is fix the links themselves so less astute websurfers can check out that killer game!  If I was in college again and had the time, I'd be all over that!

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 02:11:08 PM »

Me thinks the Commodore / Capitan has consumed more then the daily ration of rum, we can't have a impaired Capitan at the helm can we ?

james, presently sober

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 05:17:27 PM »

What Senor Roberto needs to do is get rid of the big streak of waste space on the left edge!
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2004, 05:52:10 PM »

Actually I like the idea of having some links handy like that.  Mind you, I'd prefer that they were ones that either benefited the forum or were relevant to the forum.

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2004, 10:44:49 PM »

we are going to put the links at the bottom of the page to save space and we are going to make them relevant to Orthodoxy Smiley

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2004, 11:13:05 PM »

if you are allowed - add a link to Merriam websters!! Grin

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
David
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 12:27:39 AM »

The DQST program I posted in the Free Software thread will do any merriam webster search by typing in the word with a colon at the end.  Example - longitude:

For those of you who don't like toobars, you can just go to http://www.m-w.com/  and spend three times the time. :p

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 01:19:20 AM »

There must be some way to make Pirate Links relevant.  I liked them. 8-)

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2004, 10:10:14 AM »

David: so - work out a way to add a little slot at the bottom of the screen where people can type a word and have it pop open a M-w.com window Smiley I know that those of us who are spelling-challenged - as well as those who have a rather limited vocabulary - will be glad of it Wink

David
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of the South)

Retired GM

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2004, 01:35:36 PM »

Max,  

You're talking to the wrong man.  Find the Cap'n for that sort of undertaking.  Smiley

Ebor,

Orthodox pirates?  Now that's a notion to put some thought into!

"When looking at faults, use a mirror, not a telescope."
-Yazid Ibrahim
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2004, 01:42:52 PM »

David: The Cap'n is hard to find sometimes.  Besides - its just a suggestion Cheesy

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: