OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 22, 2014, 12:23:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Racism?  (Read 894 times) Average Rating: 0
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« on: January 19, 2004, 08:21:58 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/0104/16pickering.html

In the above article Bush is more or less accused of racism for not buying into the racial agenda of the left which alleges that blacks need special preferences in order to be able to succeed - aka: affirmative action. Never mind that affirmative action is completely contrary to the vision of Dr Martin Luther King.

“I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal." I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice. I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.”

From the “I Have a Dream Speech.”
« Last Edit: January 19, 2004, 08:23:05 PM by Br. Max, OFC » Logged

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 01:13:27 AM »

In the above article Bush is more or less accused of racism for not buying into the racial agenda of the left which alleges that blacks need special preferences in order to be able to succeed - aka: affirmative action. Never mind that affirmative action is completely contrary to the vision of Dr Martin Luther King.

“I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal." I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice. I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.”

From the “I Have a Dream Speech.”

The democrats have continued the racist legacy that Dr. King had advocated against so vigorously. Leave it up to the Dems to put labels on people. Dr. King & the Republicans advocated that people should not be categorized by class or race, but should be given the freedom to excel on thier own God given talents. If the Democrats continue to put labels on people, we will never get past "race" in this country. By categorizing people with labels, the democrats are doing nothing but pitting one group of people against another thus causing unwanted tension in our society.  I think in a way some of them "live" and profit from this tension & division, we can look as far as the Unreverend Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton. It's too bad that the Democrats won't afford Christians some of these rights that they give to other groups, who by the way vote most blindly for the Rats. The Democrats in a concerted effort have fillibustered just about all of President Bush's Catholic nominees for our court system & have labeled them "religious extremist". The Democrats are doing to christians of today what they did to blacks in the 50's & 60's. The new war is not on blacks or minorities, but on christian believing people. They do this by breaking the law itself & the Constitution which clearly states that there shall be no religious test put forth for any public official. It's also sad that there are some in the church that claim to be true christians that support this agenda of the democrats.  Basically, any public official that is a beleiving christian should be put on notice that if they are to attain a higher office such as the supreme court, they may be next in line to be labeled an "religious extremist" by the fakes on the left.  Maybe the democrats should put up signs that read, "Catholics need not apply."

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 01:23:54 AM »

Nacho:  are you suprised?  It was after all the republicans that passed civil rights laws AGAINST the dixicrats.

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: