OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 29, 2014, 04:27:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Despair  (Read 1335 times) Average Rating: 0
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« on: April 30, 2010, 09:11:21 PM »

Please pray for me.

I am really struggiling with my math class this semester. If I don't get a perfect score on the Final, I will not pass the class, will not be able to transfer to a 4 year University, and will not get my degree.

The killer, is that in all my other classes, I have a 3.88 GPA.

Math may very well prevent me from graduating.

I feel like such a failure right now, and have really fallen into despair.

I just wish I could just die right now rather than have to go through the humiliation of failing and not achieving my goal.

I really hate myself right now.  Cry

Please pray for me.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 09:13:33 PM »

Sad Prayers...
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 09:26:00 PM »

Oh my dear, I really, really feel for you so deeply. I was always like that too. In everything I managed to do brilliantly, but the math always totally ruined everything for me. Hugs to you, and prayers that you can find peace and that everything will be managed much better than ever expected!!!

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
DeathToTheWorld

Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 09:44:37 PM »

Bummer...

I'll pray about it, and you should too. Because Lord gives understanding and knowledge. Ask him for help.

James 1

5If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

8A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Psalm 19

9 The fear of the LORD is pure,
       enduring forever.
       The ordinances of the LORD are sure
       and altogether righteous.

10 They are more precious than gold,
       than much pure gold;
       they are sweeter than honey,
       than honey from the comb.

11 By them is your servant warned;
       in keeping them there is great reward.

Job 28

1Surely there is a vein for the silver, and a place for gold where they fine it.

2Iron is taken out of the earth, and brass is molten out of the stone.

3He setteth an end to darkness, and searcheth out all perfection: the stones of darkness, and the shadow of death.

4The flood breaketh out from the inhabitant; even the waters forgotten of the foot: they are dried up, they are gone away from men.

5As for the earth, out of it cometh bread: and under it is turned up as it were fire.

6The stones of it are the place of sapphires: and it hath dust of gold.

7There is a path which no fowl knoweth, and which the vulture's eye hath not seen:

8The lion's whelps have not trodden it, nor the fierce lion passed by it.

9He putteth forth his hand upon the rock; he overturneth the mountains by the roots.

10He cutteth out rivers among the rocks; and his eye seeth every precious thing.

11He bindeth the floods from overflowing; and the thing that is hid bringeth he forth to light.

12But where shall wisdom be found? and where is the place of understanding?

13Man knoweth not the price thereof; neither is it found in the land of the living.

14The depth saith, It is not in me: and the sea saith, It is not with me.

15It cannot be gotten for gold, neither shall silver be weighed for the price thereof.

16It cannot be valued with the gold of Ophir, with the precious onyx, or the sapphire.

17The gold and the crystal cannot equal it: and the exchange of it shall not be for jewels of fine gold.

18No mention shall be made of coral, or of pearls: for the price of wisdom is above rubies.

19The topaz of Ethiopia shall not equal it, neither shall it be valued with pure gold.

20Whence then cometh wisdom? and where is the place of understanding?

21Seeing it is hid from the eyes of all living, and kept close from the fowls of the air.

22Destruction and death say, We have heard the fame thereof with our ears.

23God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof.

24For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven;

25To make the weight for the winds; and he weigheth the waters by measure.

26When he made a decree for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder:

27Then did he see it, and declare it; he prepared it, yea, and searched it out.

28And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the LORD, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

100. Like a bee one should extract from each of the virtues what is most profitable. In this way, by taking a small amount from all of them, one builds up from the practice of the virtues a great honeycomb overflowing with the soul-delighting honey of wisdom.

St Gregory of Sinai
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 11:43:47 PM »

I spoke with my Spiritual Father this evening, and I've decided to cut my losses and to retake the class over the summer.

It may delay things a bit, but there's not much I can do about it.

Thanks again for your prayers!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 11:51:09 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
Lauren_Elisse
Elder

Faith: Antiochian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: United States

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 12:26:08 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 06:22:25 AM »

Lord Have Mercy....Amen Amen

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 07:39:45 AM »

Lord, have mercy! 

The summer coarse WILL go better!

With all of us praying for you, how can it not go well?

Smiley

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
militantsparrow
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

militantsparrow
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 08:40:18 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

"Yeah, the sparrow hath found an house..." -Psalm 84:3
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 09:02:05 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 10:18:44 AM »

I spoke with my Spiritual Father this evening, and I've decided to cut my losses and to retake the class over the summer.

This sounds like such a good idea. Sometimes we can be driven by pride to succeed...but we  need to try to be calm and humble instead.

I wasn't able to get my driver's license until in my late twenties, and I had to take the course with a bunch of cocky, self-assured farm girls who had been driving their father's vehicles since they were quite young. Needless to say, they all breezed through everything, and passed the first time around. Meanwhile, I struggled so much and only passed after the third try. It was very hard on my pride, and seemed huge at the time,  but in the grand scheme of things, a minor glitch.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 12:35:19 PM »

This sounds like such a good idea. Sometimes we can be driven by pride to succeed...but we  need to try to be calm and humble instead.

I wasn't able to get my driver's license until in my late twenties, and I had to take the course with a bunch of cocky, self-assured farm girls who had been driving their father's vehicles since they were quite young. Needless to say, they all breezed through everything, and passed the first time around. Meanwhile, I struggled so much and only passed after the third try. It was very hard on my pride, and seemed huge at the time,  but in the grand scheme of things, a minor glitch.

Rosehip,

Thank you for this note. It's so true. At the moment, these things seem magnanimous. In the long run, I know it will just be a speed-bump along the way.

Thank you all for your prayers. I really appreciate it. Smiley

Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 03:48:04 PM »

Lord, have mercy!  May the Lord strengthen and enlighten you when you embark upon this class again!

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 03:57:13 PM »

Lord, have mercy! I just submitted my final grades, and I feel your pain just like I feel the pain of my own students whose plans for graduation or for a scholarship were ruined or delayed. May the Lord grant you strength to be victorious in your summer Math class!

Love never fails.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: