OrthodoxChristianity.net
January 30, 2015, 01:09:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Favorite Pony?
Twilight Sparkle - 1 (16.7%)
Applejack - 1 (16.7%)
Rarity - 0 (0%)
Fluttershy - 0 (0%)
Pinky Pie - 2 (33.3%)
Rainbow Dash - 2 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 1622 times) Average Rating: 0
Didyma
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of North America

St. Lawrence of Canterbury, pray for us!

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2014, 11:50:35 AM »

The whole brony thing is lame, but it's essentially harmless as long as it doesn't wander off into the furry corner.

Look up "cloppers."

.- -. -.. / --. --- -.. / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / .-- .. .--. . / .- .-- .- -.-- / .- .-.. .-.. / - . .- .-. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / - .... . .. .-. / . -.-- . ...
Chiere
Live Free, Die Hard!
Moderated
Elder

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Indianapolis

Lugia stares deep into the depths of your soul

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »

I just want to point out that I'm 26 and still enjoy watching Disney movies and some animated cartoons, such as Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse. Yet I also am interested in learning more about the Orthodox faith, meeting new people, and pursuing a degree in culinary arts. I don't see any problem with enjoying cartoons or even "kiddie" programs if they're clean, regardless of age. Just because JamesR likes MLP doesn't mean he's immature or juvenile. Also, he said he likes watching it with his little sister, not all by himself. When my two younger siblings were into watching children's shows, I would watch them as well, even though I was 15.

Plus, this is the Other Topics board, where anything goes. If JamesR wants to make an MLP thread, fine. I've seen one here on Hello Kitty, and I might start one someday on the Legend of Zelda, as I am addicted to that game.

So, in the end, try not to judge so quickly, please.
I'm sure you know this, but youtube has literally hours of old Mickey Mouse/Donald Duck/Goofy cartoons on it. I like letting my kids watch old school cartoons where you don't have to worry about so much of the junk that is on tv now.

Okay...I am so ignorant...I actually hadn't realised that. Seriously, I can't believe I didn't think of that. *blushing* I have only watched those cartoons on some old videos we have that blink and jump around. Thank you for pointing that out!

I hereby promise that there will be no more obscene or profane content in any of my posts or profile information.

-Chiere
January 25, 2015
Punch
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2014, 01:13:36 PM »

There's a whole lot of pretentious tut-tutting going on here and it's not from JamesR's corner.

How dare you tsk-tsk my tut-tut!  I suppose I might have been a little harsh on JamesR, however my initial reaction was more a critique of this site than JamesR's likes.  It seems odd and out of place to visit a Christian forum and see adults (without children) shouting with glee over a child's program. 

Right, they should be doing more mature thngs like shouting with glee over failed white supremacist states or getting hard for modern dictators.

No kidding.  This is one of the least offensive threads that I have seen in a while.  I may not be a Brony, but if this forum is Orthodox, I am probably not Orthodox either.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
GabrieltheCelt
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2014, 08:22:36 AM »

There's a whole lot of pretentious tut-tutting going on here and it's not from JamesR's corner.

How dare you tsk-tsk my tut-tut!  I suppose I might have been a little harsh on JamesR, however my initial reaction was more a critique of this site than JamesR's likes.  It seems odd and out of place to visit a Christian forum and see adults (without children) shouting with glee over a child's program.  

Right, they should be doing more mature thngs like shouting with glee over failed white supremacist states or getting hard for modern dictators.

You remind me of that John Mayer song "Half of my heart", except you're wrestling with Whitey's blood runnin' through half of you.  Kiss  One of these days, you'll learn to release your hatred of Whitey.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:24:30 AM by GabrieltheCelt » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2014, 08:28:46 AM »

How dare you tsk-tsk my tut-tut!  I suppose I might have been a little harsh on JamesR, however my initial reaction was more a critique of this site than JamesR's likes.  It seems odd and out of place to visit a Christian forum and see adults (without children) shouting with glee over a child's program.  

You remind me of that John Mayer song "Half of my heart", except you're wrestling with Whitey's blood runnin' through half of you.  Kiss  One of these days, you'll learn to release your hatred of Whitey.

You're mistaken. Some of my favorite people are white.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
GabrieltheCelt
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2014, 08:36:50 AM »

You're mistaken. Some of my favorite people are white.

Hey, I'm a fan of John Brown as well.  There goes your theory about me, Mr. Man.

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
TheMathematician
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: American

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2014, 04:57:16 PM »

Ah, finally found it

the first installment of this topic

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,45383.msg765659.html#msg765659
DeniseDenise
Warned
Protokentarchos

Pre-heating the Oven!

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2014, 04:59:16 PM »

Here is a thought....maybe the OP should give his lady love a MLP doll!
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2014, 05:11:59 PM »

I think you probably made James' day

Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Nephi
Monster Tamer
Protokentarchos

Faith: Non-Chalcedonian Byzantine
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2014, 05:28:57 PM »

hecma925
Non-clairvoyant
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox - It's Ethnically Delicious
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America Outside America

Pray for me, a sinner.

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2014, 03:49:46 AM »

We can always discuss horsemeat tacos.

Mor Ephrem
The Fourteenth Apostle
Section Moderator
Stratopedarches

"The grace of God has appeared..."

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »

We can always discuss horsemeat tacos.

Oh God no!

"...you could not bear, Master, in the compassion of your mercy to watch the human race being tyrannised by the devil, but you came and saved us. We acknowledge your grace, we proclaim your mercy, we do not conceal your benevolence..."
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: