0 (0%)
Fluttershy
0 (0%)
Pinky Pie
2 (33.3%)
Rainbow Dash
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Didyma

• Elder
  • St. Lawrence of Canterbury, pray for us!
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2014, 11:50:35 AM »
The whole brony thing is lame, but it's essentially harmless as long as it doesn't wander off into the furry corner.

Look up "cloppers."
.- -. -.. / --. --- -.. / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / .-- .. .--. . / .- .-- .- -.-- / .- .-.. .-.. / - . .- .-. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / - .... . .. .-. / . -.-- . ...

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
  • Lugia stares deep into the depths of your soul
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Indianapolis
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »
I just want to point out that I'm 26 and still enjoy watching Disney movies and some animated cartoons, such as Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse. Yet I also am interested in learning more about the Orthodox faith, meeting new people, and pursuing a degree in culinary arts. I don't see any problem with enjoying cartoons or even "kiddie" programs if they're clean, regardless of age. Just because JamesR likes MLP doesn't mean he's immature or juvenile. Also, he said he likes watching it with his little sister, not all by himself. When my two younger siblings were into watching children's shows, I would watch them as well, even though I was 15.

Plus, this is the Other Topics board, where anything goes. If JamesR wants to make an MLP thread, fine. I've seen one here on Hello Kitty, and I might start one someday on the Legend of Zelda, as I am addicted to that game.

So, in the end, try not to judge so quickly, please.
I'm sure you know this, but youtube has literally hours of old Mickey Mouse/Donald Duck/Goofy cartoons on it. I like letting my kids watch old school cartoons where you don't have to worry about so much of the junk that is on tv now.

Okay...I am so ignorant...I actually hadn't realised that. Seriously, I can't believe I didn't think of that. *blushing* I have only watched those cartoons on some old videos we have that blink and jump around. Thank you for pointing that out!

To God Be the Glory!

Offline Punch

• Taxiarches
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2014, 01:13:36 PM »
There's a whole lot of pretentious tut-tutting going on here and it's not from JamesR's corner.

How dare you tsk-tsk my tut-tut!  I suppose I might have been a little harsh on JamesR, however my initial reaction was more a critique of this site than JamesR's likes.  It seems odd and out of place to visit a Christian forum and see adults (without children) shouting with glee over a child's program. 

Right, they should be doing more mature thngs like shouting with glee over failed white supremacist states or getting hard for modern dictators.

No kidding.  This is one of the least offensive threads that I have seen in a while.  I may not be a Brony, but if this forum is Orthodox, I am probably not Orthodox either.
I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2014, 08:22:36 AM »
There's a whole lot of pretentious tut-tutting going on here and it's not from JamesR's corner.

How dare you tsk-tsk my tut-tut!  I suppose I might have been a little harsh on JamesR, however my initial reaction was more a critique of this site than JamesR's likes.  It seems odd and out of place to visit a Christian forum and see adults (without children) shouting with glee over a child's program.  

Right, they should be doing more mature thngs like shouting with glee over failed white supremacist states or getting hard for modern dictators.

You remind me of that John Mayer song "Half of my heart", except you're wrestling with Whitey's blood runnin' through half of you.  :-*  One of these days, you'll learn to release your hatred of Whitey.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:24:30 AM by GabrieltheCelt »
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline Iconodule

• Uranopolitan
  • Taxiarches
  • "My god is greater."
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2014, 08:28:46 AM »

How dare you tsk-tsk my tut-tut!  I suppose I might have been a little harsh on JamesR, however my initial reaction was more a critique of this site than JamesR's likes.  It seems odd and out of place to visit a Christian forum and see adults (without children) shouting with glee over a child's program.  

You remind me of that John Mayer song "Half of my heart", except you're wrestling with Whitey's blood runnin' through half of you.  :-*  One of these days, you'll learn to release your hatred of Whitey.

You're mistaken. Some of my favorite people are white.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2014, 08:36:50 AM »

You're mistaken. Some of my favorite people are white.

Hey, I'm a fan of John Brown as well.  There goes your theory about me, Mr. Man.
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline TheMathematician

• OC.net guru
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: ACROD
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2014, 04:57:16 PM »

Offline DeniseDenise

• Protokentarchos
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2014, 04:59:16 PM »
Here is a thought....maybe the OP should give his lady love a MLP doll!

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2014, 05:11:59 PM »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Nephi

• Monster Tamer
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2014, 05:28:57 PM »

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Pray for me, a sinner.
    • Blog
  • Faith: OO - Occidental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Puerto Rican Orthodox Sobor
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2014, 03:49:46 AM »

We can always discuss horsemeat tacos.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Another blog - http://literarydiktator.blogspot.com/

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Christ is risen!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »
We can always discuss horsemeat tacos.

Oh God no!
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.