OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 10:13:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we sinking deeper and deeper?  (Read 865 times) Average Rating: 0
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« on: January 17, 2004, 09:30:33 AM »

Clerics Urge Shiites to Protest
Call for Iraqi Elections Carries Hint of Violence

By Daniel Williams
Washington Post Foreign Service
Saturday, January 17, 2004; Page A01

KARBALA, Iraq, Jan. 16 -- Preachers in Shiite Muslim mosques appealed to their followers Friday to prepare for demonstrations, strikes and possible confrontations with occupation troops to back up demands for elections in advance of a transfer of authority from a U.S.-led administration to Iraqis.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A23581-2004Jan16.html  

Remember, the Shiite's were the one group that welcomed the US invasion.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 09:49:15 AM by Tom+ú » Logged
Br. Max, OFC
Target of choice
OC.net guru

ECCE HOMO

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 12:21:44 PM »

TOM: POINT OF CLARIFICATION - they [the shi'ite] were not the only group to welcome the LIBERATION of Iraq.  You are forgetting the Kurds in the North. There was also strong support from the sunni as well - despite the fact that the sunni were the base of Sadams power.

"Where I live in Manhattan and where I work at ABC, people say 'conservative' the way people say 'child molester.' Leftist thinking is just the culture that I live in and the culture the reporters who populate the mainstream media
Linus7
Archon

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 02:03:13 AM »

What a nifty word: Shiite.

The mind boggles at the possibilities.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2004, 02:06:58 AM by Linus7 » Logged

The first condition of salvation is to keep the norm of the true faith and in no way to deviate from the established doctrine of the Fathers.
- Pope St. Hormisdas
Stavro
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 04:36:59 AM »

I just wanted to convey to you what has been preached in Arabic in most arabic countries when Saddam was captured: " Praise Allah, Allah made the "....." infidels (americans) capture the "......" tyrannt (Saddam), so both can be destroyed together." Of course there was a fine selection of "prayers" for destruction of the US to follow.

Nobody welcomed the American troops, and nobody in IRAQ will remember the great gift Americans gave to them. They hate the West, and this hate consumes all their thinking.
Also, please note that the level of education is low in islamic countries. Those don't have a rational thinking.
The most naive foreign policy if that of the USA. Americans mean good, but they judge the other regions with their own principles, neglecting other dominant factors.
My only concern in this IRAQ mess are the soldiers and the Christians of IRAQ, who have been under persecution ever since Saddam was removed.

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: