OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 02:44:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My pet rabbit is dying...  (Read 1219 times) Average Rating: 0
Vzldrb
Elder

« on: April 27, 2010, 08:12:50 AM »

Please pray for my rabbit. I'm giving him extra water & food, and making sure he's comfortable before he passes on.

Lord, have mercy.
monkvasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC 0f USA

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 09:09:45 AM »

Lord, have mercy!  Its never easy when one of our little fur babies is sick and dying.  May he be healed, I pray.

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
Vzldrb
Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 09:16:26 AM »

Lord, have mercy!  Its never easy when one of our little fur babies is sick and dying.  May he be healed, I pray.
"Fur babies" is exactly right. He seems to be eating a ton and rather shaky, but a bit more comforted.

The thing that made me worried is my mom heard him fall in his cage this morning and that he didn't look well :\

I'll go and check on him now.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 10:10:36 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
monkvasyl
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 10:59:00 AM »

"Fur babies" is exactly right. He seems to be eating a ton and rather shaky, but a bit more comforted.

The thing that made me worried is my mom heard him fall in his cage this morning and that he didn't look well :\

You might want to give him some Bach Rescue Remedy,this will help calm him down and help his body to mend.  If you have a WHOLE FOODS store near you,they carry it and also one made without alcohol for pets. Put about 5 drops in his water or in his mouth.  If he doesn't improve, I'd take him to a vet.

Vzldrb
Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:05:20 AM »

You might want to give him some Bach Rescue Remedy,this will help calm him down and help his body to mend.  If you have a WHOLE FOODS store near you,they carry it and also one made without alcohol for pets. Put about 5 drops in his water or in his mouth.  If he doesn't improve, I'd take him to a vet.
Well, he's at least 7-8 years old, maybe more (I don;t even remember exactly when we got him) so I don't know how much that would help - but that's worth a shot. I let him hop around outside his cage and he seemed fine, but shaky... But it's better than nothing. He's  drinking a lot more than normal, but at least he seems a little -more' composed than today.

Hopefully everything stays well....
monkvasyl
High Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 12:50:08 PM »

Some rabbits can live at least 5 years; they can live as long as 15 years. Medium and large sized rabbits tend to live longer than dwarf rabbits.

Vzldrb
Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 01:13:02 PM »

Some rabbits can live at least 5 years; they can live as long as 15 years. Medium and large sized rabbits tend to live longer than dwarf rabbits.

Awesome, actually. I'll share a picture with all of you soon, I'll edit the post.

I'm hoping his "falling" was due to his old age, and not his death: But of course, I do trust my Mother's wisdom.
Time will tell...
monkvasyl
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 01:39:24 PM »

I remember having rabbits as pets when I was growing up.  Actually, I pretty much lived in a zoo...I've had so many different animals...dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, fish, birds,and a skunk.

Vzldrb
Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 01:48:57 PM »

I remember having rabbits as pets when I was growing up.  Actually, I pretty much lived in a zoo...I've had so many different animals...dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, fish, birds,and a skunk.
haha, same here. I sort of want a duck, actually... But anyways!
here's the photo.
monkvasyl
High Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 03:05:11 PM »

here's the photo.

AWWW!  He is so adorable!  What's his name?  I pray his health improves.

Vzldrb
Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 03:19:58 PM »

here's the photo.

AWWW!  He is so adorable!  What's his name?  I pray his health improves.
He's sort of the unwanted child, and got into my care due to the neglect of my sister for a few years.. I haven;t actually named him, I just try to take care of him and make his life comfortable...

I guess until this morning, I took his presence for granted. I should come up with a name, I think... Feel free to toss in any suggestions.
Tallitot
Warned
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 08:50:41 PM »

"Pasqual"?

Proverbs 22:7
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: