OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 18, 2014, 06:07:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Always Arguing! What do I do?!  (Read 405 times) Average Rating: 0
Lauren_Elisse
Elder

Faith: Antiochian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: United States

« on: April 25, 2010, 01:20:54 AM »

My younger sister (15) has been in this relationship with her boyfriend (16) for almost a good two years.
Seems like they would be happy but then again when they are constantly addicted to eachother and always fighting and screaming I think differently.
I hear them fight at LEAST two to three times a day EVERY DAY and the arguments are always half an hour or longer.
I don't want them to leave each other because they really are happy when they don't fight.
I don't know what to do, this is something that I live with everyday, the infuriated sister and I feel like I can't do anything about it and it's effecting my well being and my epileptic Dad's too. Her stress can cause him seizures which can end his life.
How do I handle this?!

Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Vzldrb
Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 08:25:04 AM »

You could tell her to "take it outside" not for your sake, but for your Father's. If she doesn't heed that, then.. Well, that's just cold.

Just my advice.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 10:05:09 AM »

My younger sister (15) has been in this relationship with her boyfriend (16) for almost a good two years.
Seems like they would be happy but then again when they are constantly addicted to eachother and always fighting and screaming I think differently.
I hear them fight at LEAST two to three times a day EVERY DAY and the arguments are always half an hour or longer.
I don't want them to leave each other because they really are happy when they don't fight.
I don't know what to do, this is something that I live with everyday, the infuriated sister and I feel like I can't do anything about it and it's effecting my well being and my epileptic Dad's too. Her stress can cause him seizures which can end his life.
How do I handle this?!
Your sister and her boyfriend sound co-dependent.  That can't end well.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:06:03 AM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 10:52:41 AM »

Who was it that said that adolescent relationships are SO overrated?
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: