Author Topic: Stop praying to satan or "How to properly make the sign of the cross"  (Read 53824 times)

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
    • USCJ
  • Faith: Jewish(Conservative)
Re: Stop praying to satan or "How to properly make the sign of the cross"
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2010, 12:17:12 AM »
Old believers...churches with pews...beardless priests....Slavonic...ecumenism..recieving converts by chrismation...women with headscarves...women without headscarves...eastern oriented altars...autocephaly..the Masons..new world order...fasting before communion...saints on the iconastasis...modern vestments.

Don't you have some Shemas to recite or something?

It's Sh'ma...and I prayed it at sundown. Thanks though.
Proverbs 22:7

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
    • USCJ
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2010, 12:22:57 AM »
Let me save everyone a lot of typing here:
Old believers...churches with pews...beardless priests....Slavonic...ecumenism..recieving converts by chrismation...women with headscarves...women without headscarves...eastern oriented altars...autocephaly..the Masons..new world order...fasting before communion...saints on the iconastasis...modern vestments.

Oh I left something out: ..the Anglican Communion...

Offline Keble

• All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 07:29:02 AM »
1. Google "Death Rune" or "Nazi Symbols" or Toten Rune".  You should get a lot of information.  If you can't find anything after doing some honest searching on your own, I'll help you find it.

Well, searching for "todesrune" produces very interesting results indeed, once you figure out a way to get the death metal group to go away. Probably the most interesting hit is on the German Wikipedia, because what you hit is a disambiguation page associating the name with two different runes-- and giving no citations, nor having any discussion of this. That page does not map to an English Wikipedia page.

"Totenrune" lights up the same way, with a somewhat different selection of pages. Here again it is useful to search German pages only; in spite of that, we find this page sneaking through to claim that the Leben-rune and Toten-rune were used to indicate birth and death dates on SS tombstones. Not surprisingly, searching for images turns up absolutely nothing that would confirm this and at least one case contrary to this.

Offline Punch

• Taxiarches
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2010, 07:33:24 AM »
1. Google "Death Rune" or "Nazi Symbols" or Toten Rune".  You should get a lot of information.  If you can't find anything after doing some honest searching on your own, I'll help you find it.

Well, searching for "todesrune" produces very interesting results indeed, once you figure out a way to get the death metal group to go away. Probably the most interesting hit is on the German Wikipedia, because what you hit is a disambiguation page associating the name with two different runes-- and giving no citations, nor having any discussion of this. That page does not map to an English Wikipedia page.

"Totenrune" lights up the same way, with a somewhat different selection of pages. Here again it is useful to search German pages only; in spite of that, we find this page sneaking through to claim that the Leben-rune and Toten-rune were used to indicate birth and death dates on SS tombstones. Not surprisingly, searching for images turns up absolutely nothing that would confirm this and at least one case contrary to this.

I assure you that those runes were used to indicate birth and death on SS tombstones.  Even a cursory study of the German armies of WWII would provide dozens, if not hundreds of photographs to verify this.
I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.

Offline Punch

• Taxiarches
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2010, 07:39:17 AM »
From what I can tell, Glagolithic came down from Cyril and Methodius.  Futhark was a western Viking thing.  There were three Futharks, Elder, Younger, and Anglo-Saxon.  Interestingly, FUTHARK is sort of like QWERTY is in a computer, the first letters in the alphabet.

Sources: the great unquestionable Wikipedia

I am surprised that with your education you would have had to rely on Wikipedia and would not have had this at the tip of your head :)  Anyway, you are right about the Glagolithinc and Futhark origins.  I was merely stating that, given the only literate people in the area at the time were Swedes or other Vikings, Futhark would have been the written characters used until Cyril and Methodius brought the Glagolithic.  From what I have read, once the Slavs learned to write, the Runes were dropped VERY quickly with little mention of them after about 900 - 1000 AD, unlike the Scandinavian lands where they were used as decoration long after adopting the Latin alphabet.

Offline Keble

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2010, 08:07:40 AM »
I assure you that those runes were used to indicate birth and death on SS tombstones.  Even a cursory study of the German armies of WWII would provide dozens, if not hundreds of photographs to verify this.

I consider "searching with Google" to be a "cursory study", but if you can point to some on-line examples I will be glad to see them.

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Strategos
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2010, 08:19:11 AM »
ZOMG WASHINGTON'S NAZI GOVERNMENT!

HERE'S THE PROOF!!!11!11one!!1!

This picture clearly shows a Swastika on a post card with Mount Rainier and a Rhododendron. This obviously means that the State of Washington was aligned with Hitler. But we didn't go to war with Washington, now did we? Therefore, obviously the US Government was secretly supporting Hitler, and that whole "World War II" thing was a sham. The whole world we live in is a lie. This picture I found on Google proves it.

LOL. I was training in a building that used to be the state of the art TB asylum.  I knew the building had to be built in the 1920's, as it had swastikas and fascisti all over as decoration.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2010, 08:20:16 AM »

Then do something important, like deciding if swordfish have scales and are therefore kosher.  Inquiring rabbinic minds wanna know.
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2010, 08:32:15 AM »

Then do something important, like deciding if swordfish have scales and are therefore kosher.  Inquiring rabbinic minds wanna know.

Well, based on the OP and this whole thread, Isa, it sounds like a pot is calling a kettle black.  :laugh:
Love never fails.

Offline Nigula Qian Zishi

• Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
  • OC.net guru
  • 我美丽的妻子和我。
    • Orthodox Ecclesiology and The World
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Denver
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2010, 08:40:34 AM »
Although the post was over the top, it is good to take this in consideration when making the sign of the cross.
在基督
尼古拉
前执事
的博客

Offline ialmisry

• Strategos
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2010, 09:14:50 AM »

Well, based on the OP and this whole thread, Isa, it sounds like a pot is calling a kettle black.  :laugh:
Indeed, citizen George!

Offline Shanghaiski

• Taxiarches
  • Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2010, 10:13:29 AM »
We know that the Holy Cross is not just a symbol, but also contains power. What I don't know is whether other, non-Christian symbols have such power. I'm not inclined to think so.

What Stashko, I think, was saying about no other patriarchs having used an upside down cross--the Patriarch of Rome, more than the other patriarchs, historically, even in Orthodox times before the schism, has had a much stronger identification with St. Peter. Before the schism, he referred to himself as vicaris Petris, or vicar of Peter. Therefore, it would be natural to have a cross of St. Peter as a symbol. Granted, papal symbolism has changed much since the schism, and has become scarier since the 1960s.
Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.

Offline Keble

• Protokentarchos
Onion Dome closed??
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2010, 10:23:29 AM »
I believe the OP should have forwarded his post to the "Onion Dome" - too bad they went out of business (http://www.theoniondome.com/).

Closed?!? Is outrage!  ;)

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2010, 10:40:34 AM »
What about the Patriarch Of Antioch ,the real McCoy First successor Of St.Peter ,Does He Use a Upside down cross as His Symbol ,Iv Never Heard Of It...
The Symbol that should be displayed,  used ,professed ,confessed preached,Is the life giving cross of Christ...
Holy Icon's Of  St.Peter Crucified upside down are fine ,a upside down cross displayed above a chair just doesn't look kosher......... ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:49:43 AM by stashko »
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.

Offline Shanghaiski

• Taxiarches
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2010, 10:43:29 AM »
Some of the claims in the OP remind me of something I was told about Jewish shoe manufacturers putting crosses on the bottom of shoes so that when Christians walk, they would be dishonoring the Cross. It's so outlandish and nonsensical, especially given that, were that the case, stepping on the cracks of tile floors, especially in churches, would be anathema. But, for some reason, these things spread and are believed. You can get copies of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion in Greek ecclesiastical bookstores. It's like a supplement to the Bible for some people.
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.

Offline Shanghaiski

• Taxiarches
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2010, 10:46:36 AM »
What about the Patriarch Of Antioch ,the real McCoy First successor Of St.Peter ,Does He Use a Upside cross as His Symbol ,Iv Never Heard Of It...
The Symbol that should be displayed,  used ,professed ,confessed preached,Is the life giving cross of Christ...
Holy Icon's Of  St.Peter Crucified upside down are fine ,a upside down cross displayed above a chair just doesn't look kosher......... ;D

I was just endeavoring to explain why it would be there. While Antioch was also founded by St. Peter, his and St. Paul's martyrdom and relics are at Rome, so the Holy Apostles were a bigger deal there. Read the sermons  of St. Leo the Great--they're full of references to the Apostles that you won't generally find in his Antiochene contemporaries because St. Leo can point to where the Apostles' relics are for the sake of illustration. The pilgrimage to visit their relics was one of the things that united the diverse and far-flung Orthodox Patriarchate of Rome.

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2010, 11:08:15 AM »
What about the Patriarch Of Antioch ,the real McCoy First successor Of St.Peter ,Does He Use a Upside down cross as His Symbol ,Iv Never Heard Of It...
The Symbol that should be displayed,  used ,professed ,confessed preached,Is the life giving cross of Christ...
Holy Icon's Of  St.Peter Crucified upside down are fine ,a upside down cross displayed above a chair just doesn't look kosher......... ;D
Surprise surprise.
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Offline Quinault

• Did you drink water today?
  • Protokentarchos
  • Resident breeder-8 kids
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2010, 02:03:32 PM »
Have any of the above posters read "The sign of the cross; the gesture, the mystery, the history" by Andreas Andreopoulos?

Offline stashko

• Protokentarchos
  • Wonderworking Sitka Icon
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2010, 03:00:26 PM »
Since where not baptised into Peter or Paul or any of the Holy Apostles,,But Into Christ,The Symbol That's Displayed Proudly and Victoriously is, The Cross of Christ,and not the Upside Down Cross,that could be looked at as satanic, like the fallen Vatican is doing..... One Of there Popes did declare The smoke of Satan has entered there church....Notice after that the Upside down cross appeared..... ;D
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 03:30:41 PM by stashko »
ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.

Offline Shanghaiski

• Taxiarches
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2010, 03:20:55 PM »
Now you're just shifting the substance of the argument. You do this because of the Turks, so I don't blame you.

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2010, 03:55:09 PM »
Since where not baptised into Peter or Paul or any of the Holy Apostles,,But Into Christ,The Symbol That's Displayed Proudly and Victoriously is, The Cross of Christ,and not the Upside Down Cross,that could be looked at as satanic, like the fallen Vatican is doing..... One Of there Popes did declare The smoke of Satan has entered there church....Notice after that the Upside down cross appeared..... ;D

The bishops are successors of St. Peter. By your argument, one might conlude that there should then be no bishops.
"For, by its immensity, the divine substance surpasses every form that our intellect reaches. Thus we are unable to apprehend it by knowing what it is. Yet we are able to have some knowledge of it by knowing what it is not." - St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa contra gentiles, I, 14.

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Son of a Preacher Man
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2010, 05:40:50 PM »
Although the post was over the top, it is good to take this in consideration when making the sign of the cross.

This cannot be overstated.  Yet, I fear the forum has taken on an ecumenical outlook which tends to see such things as bearing little importance.  Remember, the ecumenical canons state that we are to bend over backwards to make everyone feel welcome, happy and accepted.   
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2010, 08:27:42 PM »
I assure you that those runes were used to indicate birth and death on SS tombstones.  Even a cursory study of the German armies of WWII would provide dozens, if not hundreds of photographs to verify this.

I consider "searching with Google" to be a "cursory study", but if you can point to some on-line examples I will be glad to see them.

In Google you will need to look under images for "SS Graves".  Or, if someone wants to tell me how to post images I have a few.  Using the Lebensrune and the Totenrune to designate birth and death dates was mostly an SS thing, due largely to Himmler's excessive mysticism.  If you can find a picture of Reinhardt Heydrich's grave, this is a great example of the runes on a gravestone.  Ones who died later after the war like Sepp Dietrich had much more traditional tombstones.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 08:31:15 PM by vamrat »
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Keble

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2010, 10:39:18 PM »
vamrat, that seems to correspond more or less to what I have found. Starting here you can see a long series of photos of German (and one Greek, go figure) graves from WW II which show a consistent pattern of inconsistency. Here may be found a forum thread with a snippet of actual Nazi opinion on the matter. The impression I get is that some of the woo-woo-inclined used the runes (and changed the shape of the headstone all over the place) and others (perhaps less woo-woo) used other symbols or used the conventional "geb.-gef." form. Of course the issue with the Nazis in general is that they slapped meanings on all sorts of things that didn't mean anything of the kind before, most conspicuously the swastika. Using the Nazis as reliable sources for the meanings of symbols can only end in tears.

Offline Punch

• Taxiarches
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2010, 10:57:36 PM »
There is even a photo out there on the web where the entire grave marker is the Totenrune made of birch, a whole graveyard of them.

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2010, 02:09:13 AM »

In Google you will need to look under images for "SS Graves".  Or, if someone wants to tell me how to post images I have a few.  Using the Lebensrune and the Totenrune to designate birth and death dates was mostly an SS thing, due largely to Himmler's excessive mysticism.  If you can find a picture of Reinhardt Heydrich's grave, this is a great example of the runes on a gravestone.  Ones who died later after the war like Sepp Dietrich had much more traditional tombstones.

Notice how they all feature the Iron Cross.  It is a Nazi symbol all over their uniforms, flags, medals, stationary.

Have Christians abandoned the use of this cross?

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2010, 02:16:29 AM »
Should Christians give up the Crux Orthodoxa?  

I mean....Andy Warhol..!!!!???????

« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:17:50 AM by Irish Hermit »

Offline 88Devin12

• Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Denver
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2010, 02:23:04 AM »
Should Christians give up the Crux Orthodoxa?  

I mean....Andy Warhol..!!!!???????

??? ??? ???

Edit: Just read up on Andy Warhol... He was a Byzantine Catholic...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:24:51 AM by 88Devin12 »

Offline Tallitot

• Archon
    • USCJ
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2010, 03:24:03 AM »
Yes, he voluntered in homeless shelters for years and paid his nephew's way through seminary.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_warhol#Religious_beliefs
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 03:26:28 AM by Tallitot »

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2010, 03:34:38 AM »
I'd like to hear the views of the OP.   Should the Nazis have taken over the Iron Cross is such a big way?   Should Byzantine Catholics be using the 8-pointed Orthodox Cross?  Surely they can devise a form of their own?

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2010, 09:52:52 AM »
A couple of observations about Andy Warhol and the term 'Orthodox' Cross. The Warhola family are of Rusyn origin from near the town of Medzilaborce by the Slovak/Ukraine border. A museum dedicated to his works is located there as well as in Pittsburgh, his home town. Warhol's home parish of St. John, in what is known as Ruska Dolina in Pittsburgh was built in the early 20th century by immigrants from Austria Hungary. It was richly decorated with iconography typical of the period in both Orthodox and Eastern Catholic churches and is a landmark building while still in use today. Sadly the church was rift with litigation throughout much of the 20th century during the bitter disputes over Latinization and celibacy in the Eastern Catholic church. Llnks and photos can be found through Wiki and the Carpatho-Rusyn Society home page.

As to the term 'Orthodox' cross, it s interesting to note that in Eastern Europe the Greek Catholics did not typically place a three-barred cross with the lower bar tllted as is the Slavic Orthodox practice. To distinguish the Greek Catholics from the Orthodox the lower bar was straightened during the Hapsburg period. In recent years, at least in the West, many Eastern Catholic Byzantine churches have reverted to the traditional form.

My main point however deals with the use of the term 'Orthodox' cross when referring to the three barred cross. Since it is not the practice among our Greek and Arabic brothers and sisters to use the three bar cross isn't it a bit of an affront to them for us Slavs to consistently refer to the triple barred cross as  the  'Orthodox' cross? 

Finally for many of us who are today Orthodox whose ancestors lived in Europe for over three hundred years as Greek Catholics, it does not seem unseemly that they rest under the three bar cross that represented their faith during life and which served as a bulwark to prevent them from being assimilated by the Romans or the Lutherans during that period. It is there that they await the Resurrection. It was that same faith that they kept and handed down which led St. Alexis Toth and many multitudes to return full circle to Orthodoxy.

Offline ma2000

• Elder
  • Saint Anthony The Great
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2010, 09:56:56 AM »
ZOMG Coke's in on it too!!!1!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

We all know Coke is evil! ;)
Asemănându-te obiceiurilor râvnitorului Ilie şi urmând Botezătorului pe drepte cărări, Părinte Antonie, te-ai făcut locuitor pustiului şi ai întărit lumea cu rugăciunile tale. Pentru aceasta, roagă-te lui Hristos Dumnezeu, să mântuiască sufletele noastre.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2010, 10:12:49 AM »
I'd like to hear the views of the OP.   Should the Nazis have taken over the Iron Cross is such a big way?   Should Byzantine Catholics be using the 8-pointed Orthodox Cross?  Surely they can devise a form of their own?

I am not the OP, but I would like to comment on Nazi usage of the Iron Cross.  I think the main reason that they used the Iron Cross is that it has been a Prussian military symbol since the Napoleonic Wars, if not earlier.  When the Nazis took power they co-opted many of the Prussian symbols and other military concepts to give them a degree of legitimacy.  There was always strife between the Nazi political leadership and the largely Prussian military hierarchy.  Note that most of the attempts to kill Hitler came from the army, not really so much from the Navy, the Luftwaffe, and especially not from the SS.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Irish Hermit

• Kibernetski Kaludjer
  • Merarches
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2010, 10:28:36 AM »

My main point however deals with the use of the term 'Orthodox' cross when referring to the three barred cross. Since it is not the practice among our Greek and Arabic brothers and sisters to use the three bar cross isn't it a bit of an affront to them for us Slavs to consistently refer to the triple barred cross as  the  'Orthodox' cross? 

Crux orthodoxa seems to be the term for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_cross#Forms_of_the_Cross

I usually refer to it as the eight-pointed cross, vosmikonechny.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2010, 11:26:28 AM »
(and is He painted as a mulatto behind the pope or is it just my imagination?)

Supposing He were, what exactly would be wrong with that?
When a time revolts against eternity, the only thing to set against it is genuine eternity itself, and not some other time which has already roused, and not without reason, a violent reaction against itself.
- Berdyaev

If you would like a private forum for non-polemical topics, comment here.

Offline 88Devin12

• Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Denver

Offline pustniculdigital

• Digital Recluse
    • Pustnicul Digital (Digital Recluse)
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2010, 01:22:50 PM »

What next? The Theotokos with dreadlocks? Or Jesus Christ chinese?

I've been notified my post was translated and posted here and I fail to understand why this forum is named Orthodox Christianity. When an Orthodox should do everything to defend his non-upgraded, non-altered Religion, the only True One ... I see here only tolerance, 'friendship' among all and MOCKERY ... blindness regarding obvious conspiracies meant to shatter the Orthodox Church and, worst of all, some even defend them.

My brothers, there is still much to learn for you regarding the attitude one has to display confessing Orthodoxy. Orthodoxy is not here to make all heretics and schismatics feel welcome. This is not the attitude displayed by your Holly Fathers, they died defending Orthodoxy. Nevertheless I do understand the catholics behavior as they are mislead by their politician world-ruler leader into believing their salvation comes by default, which is not only false but leading his followers to slaughter.

It would be no surprise getting banned after the first and probably last message on this pseudo-Orthodox forum, better named Ecumenists United, where moderators have a threatening attitude against those who state the truth ... the truth that hurts. Be advised moderator, and this is in green, then end is not too far away, change your attitude (or the name of this forum) before it's too late.

I'm glad there are still some true Orthodox here but we, brothers, are the minority. Never give up the fight, stand strong against heretics and heresy and always worship the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ and not the inverted cross of their lord, the pope.

God bless you all and I hope/pray He'll bring back all His lost sheep!

PS: Yes! Rock is the music of Satan. Want evidence, moderator? Open your TV, switch to a music channel and stare into oblivion.
 Don't mock the moderators.  Your warning will last 70 days; may the Holy Apostles guide you in the truth!  If you wish to appeal this, please PM Fr. Chris, the Forum Administrator, using the "My Messages" link near the top of the page.

- Fr. George, Global Moderator

Offline Heorhij

• Merarches
    • Mississippi University for Women
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2010, 01:39:26 PM »

I've been notified my post was translated and posted here and I fail to understand why this forum is named Orthodox Christianity. When an Orthodox should do everything to defend his non-upgraded, non-altered Religion, the only True One ... I see here only tolerance, 'friendship' among all and MOCKERY ... blindness regarding obvious conspiracies meant to shatter the Orthodox Church and, worst of all, some even defend them.

My brothers, there is still much to learn for you regarding the attitude one has to display confessing Orthodoxy. Orthodoxy is not here to make all heretics and schismatics feel welcome. This is not the attitude displayed by your Holly Fathers, they died defending Orthodoxy. Nevertheless I do understand the catholics behavior as they are mislead by their politician world-ruler leader into believing their salvation comes by default, which is not only false but leading his followers to slaughter.

It would be no surprise getting banned after the first and probably last message on this pseudo-Orthodox forum, better named Ecumenists United, where moderators have a threatening attitude against those who state the truth ... the truth that hurts. Be advised moderator, and this is in green, then end is not too far away, change your attitude (or the name of this forum) before it's too late.

I'm glad there are still some true Orthodox here but we, brothers, are the minority. Never give up the fight, stand strong against heretics and heresy and always worship the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ and not the inverted cross of their lord, the pope.

PS: Yes! Rock is the music of Satan. Want evidence, moderator? Open your TV, switch to a music channel and stare into oblivion.

This reminded me of an old joke about Southern Baptists. A guy dies and goes to heaven. St. Peter gives him a grand tour, showing him various clouds on which various people are living: "see, there's the Orthodox cloud, and there's the Catholic one, and the Muslim, and the Buddhist..." Suddenly the newcomer sees a cloud where a group of people dressed in very serious suits and ties stands and stares in a very grim way, displaying posters that condemn drinking, dancing and "untrue Christianity." The newcomer asks, "Holy Father Peter, what's that cloud?" St. Peter blushes, and says, "you know, that cloud is, technically speaking, Hell, and the people who stand on it are Southern Baptists. They believe that they are in heaven and that they are the ONLY ones there. We do not want to disappoint them, so we just let them alone."
Love never fails.

Offline Shanghaiski

• Taxiarches
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2010, 01:41:26 PM »

The Holy Fathers, in general, do not display the same attitude.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2010, 02:29:59 PM »
Thread locked:  This thread has been nothing but nonsense and mockery since it started, and I just don't want to support this any longer.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 04:03:41 PM by PeterTheAleut »
Not all who wander are lost.