OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 01, 2014, 05:07:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Archbishop Miron of the Polish Orthodox Church  (Read 1172 times) Average Rating: 0
Eleos
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Blessed is the Kingdom of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

« on: April 12, 2010, 02:54:36 PM »

Please pass on to your communities to pray for the soul of Archbishop Miron who died in the recent plane crash.  I received this from an Orthodox priest via email, I don't know the source:

------------
Among those killed in the crash of the Polish jet plane in Russia was a bishop of the Polish Orthodox Church (see below). Memory Eternal to Archbishop Miron and all those who perished with him!

Orthodox Archbishop Among Dead in Russian Jet Crash

Archbishop Miron (1957-2010)
Archbishop Miron (Chodakowski) Orthodox Ordinary of the Polish Army, Brigadier General and Bishop of Hajnówka, was killed the crash of the presidential aircraft Tu-154. This information was confirmed by the official website of Orthodox Autocephalous Church in Poland. Archbishop Miron was a member of the presidential delegation at the 70th celebrations anniversary of the Katyñ massacre.

The plane crashed as it approached Smolensk. No-one of the 88 passengers, among whom were Lech Kaczynski, his wife, scores of other senior Polish figures and 8 crewmembers survived. The cause of the disaster was likely very dense fog. The plane had difficulty when approaching the airport, its wing hit trees and the plane burst into flames.

Metropolitan Sawa celebrated in the cathedral of St. Mary Magdalene's funeral service for the victims of disaster.

Eternal memory to them! Christ is Risen!

Biography of Archbishop Miron (by Stefan Dmitruk):

Miroslaw Chodakowski was born on 21 October 1957 in Bialystok. He graduated primary school in Bialystok ,Orthodox Seminary in Warsaw and Higher Orthodox Seminary in Jableczna.

17 December 1978 he was tonsured in rassophore, and 9 days later was ordained a deacon. 15 February 1979 he was ordained to hieromonk. In November 1979, Metropolitan of Warsaw and the whole Polish Basil has tonsured in Small Schema hieromonk Miroslaw with the name Miron.

Hieromonk Miron served as governor of the monastery church. St. Onouphrios the Great in Jableczna. He was Rector of the Orthodox Theological Seminary. In 1984 he was elevated to the dignity ihumen, adopted as part of the clergy Bialystok-Gdansk diocese and appointed pastor of the parish church of Annunciation of Our Lady in Supra. In 1990, elevated to the rank of archimandrite and was appointed governor of the monastery in Supra.

11 May 1998, in accordance with the decision of the Council of Bishops of Orthodox Autocephalous Church in Poland, was held at the ingress archimandrite Miron bishop of Hajnówka diocese. 15 August 1998, the Polish President Aleksander Kwasniewski appointed bishop Miron Brigadier General and Orthodox Ordinary of Polish Army.

In 2003 he earned a doctorate in theology from the Church's history at the Christian Theological Academy. 10 May 2008 Bishop Miron was raised to the rank of archbishop.

"The Unity of the Church, as Your Holinesses well know it, is the will of God and ought to be an inspiring example to all men. It should always be a help and not a hindrance to the unity of men of different religions."-Emperor Haile Selassie To the Conference of Oriental Orthodox Churches 1965
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 02:56:46 PM »

Memory Eternal!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 06:29:06 PM »

Pamięć wieczny!

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 06:46:27 PM »

Please pass on to your communities to pray for the soul of Archbishop Miron who died in the recent plane crash.  I received this from an Orthodox priest via email, I don't know the source

http://www.cerkiew.pl/index.php?id=513&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=12952&tx_ttnews[backPid]=419&cHash=e83a6ec6b1

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
gregoryh

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 09:01:05 PM »

May his memory be eternal!
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 07:04:45 PM »

May His Memory be Eternal.

Christ is Risen.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 02:49:37 PM »

May the memory of the servant of God, the Archbishop Miron, be eternal!

Christ is risen!
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 02:50:07 PM »

Memory eternal.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 03:07:35 AM »

Memory Eternal!

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Tags: Poland Polish Polish Orthodox Church Smolensk 2010 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: