OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 08:22:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Episcopal accoutrement  (Read 1362 times) Average Rating: 0
KO63AP

Грай, кобзарю! ЛÐÂ

« on: October 04, 2002, 05:48:46 PM »

CIX!

Our Cathedral is looking to pick up another orlets or two.  Can anyone suggest a source?  I've already checked a number of on-line shops.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

God bless,

Andrij

Ті, що сіють у сльозах, пожнуть у радосÑ
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2002, 06:08:38 PM »

CIX!

Our Cathedral is looking to pick up another orlets or two.  Can anyone suggest a source?  I've already checked a number of on-line shops.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

God bless,

Andrij

Slava Isusu Christu!

Whew!  When I saw the title of this thread, Andrij, I thought the Episcopalians wanted to add something Orthodox to their liturgical furnishings and had the nerve to ask for our help.   Angry   Then I remembered that an "orlets" is the "eagle-rug" that the bishop stands on during Divine Services.  Good luck in finding an "orlets" source, but why can't some of the handicrafters at your Cathedral make their own orlets (or two) for your Cathedral?  The pattern isn't too complicated.

Hypo-Ortho
Hypo-Ortho
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2002, 12:50:58 AM »

Slava Isusu Christu!

Andrij, I just thought of someone who would be outstanding in the actual production of an orlets or two.  Matushka Galina Tregubov learned how to produce embroidered icons, a dying liturgical art form, under the direct tutelage of refugee Russian Orthodox nuns in France.  She is the wife of V. Rev. Archpriest Andrew Tregubov, rector of Holy Resurrection Orthodox Church, 99 Sullivan Street, Claremont, New Hampshire, and both Matushka Galina and Father Andrew work together in the Tregubov Icon Studios located on the first floor of their Claremont parish house.  See the OCA parish website for further contact information.  Hope this helps.

Hypo-Ortho
KO63AP

Грай, кобзарю! ЛÐÂ

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2002, 01:59:48 AM »

Hypo-Ortho,

Thank you for the lead!

Andrij

Ті, що сіють у сльозах, пожнуть у радосÑ
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: