OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 20, 2014, 10:39:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Men and earrings  (Read 6146 times) Average Rating: 0
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2010, 08:23:03 PM »

they were in the pew on Sunday....
Pews? Shocked Is outrage.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:28:26 PM by Jetavan » Logged

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Brain Reed

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2010, 09:43:32 AM »

;DReally I am agree with you because in my area there a lot of men are wearing same. I think in modern day young guys are thinking that it is a fashion. Most of the modern picture are also affecting the society.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:44:56 AM by Brain Reed » Logged
CRCulver
OC.net guru

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Finland and Romanian Orthodox Church

St Stephen of Perm, missionary to speakers of Komi

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2010, 12:11:11 PM »

Earrings, hair dying and regrowth, tattoos, the wearing of shorts, women wearing pants, etc.=vanity

Wenn die Rose sich selbst schmückt, schmückt sie auch den Garten - Friedrich Rückert.

Inasmuch as these acts often improve the society around the woman, they cannot automatically be considered sinful. Perhaps it's about whether the dress is perceived by the community as elegant or trashy.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 12:17:22 PM by CRCulver » Logged
Quid
Freshly converted rubiks cube ninja

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2010, 07:28:24 PM »

I don't see how someone can say that earrings now woman are fine and dandy and then say for a man to do the same is unthinkable. Unless living in modern society is a new thing for everyone but me.

I've had everything (almost) pierced and gauged. Why not anymore? Several reasons.

- I took my lip rings out b/c I really love food and they just got in the way. They were really sore when I first got them done and after about two days of being hungry I gave up, took them out, and went to get pizza.

- I took my 7/16th inch plugs (large gauges in my ears) out b/c I just didn't like how they looked on me. they look great on some people, not I.

- My septum was cute as a button, I loved it, but I just got sick of it and people asking about it. One can only hear "does that hurt?" so many times before they want to become a hermit.  Same goes with my manymanymanymany tattoos.... just stop asking about them.

Also, before the question is asked...No, I am not, nor was I ever gothic. I'm preppy by most peoples standards. Tattoos and piercings are not exclusive to any sub-culture anymore.

Are they vanity? Most of the time yes. Do they have to be, no.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 07:29:13 PM by Quid » Logged

"Preach the Gospel always, and if necessary, use words."
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica Metropolitanate

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2010, 10:54:40 AM »

I really don't think that it is appropriate for a man to wear ear rings unless he is in drag.  Then it can be quite fabulous.

God did not create man equal.  Samuel Colt made man equal.  Blessed be the Peacemaker.
mtgdude

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2010, 11:17:20 AM »

I don't even notice it anymore honestly. Personally, I don't like needles and why would I want to pay someone to put more holds in my heads.

On a other topic, heres how easy it is to start a 'church' in the United States.

Church of Body Modification - http://uscobm.com/
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: