OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 10:04:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Men and earrings  (Read 6727 times) Average Rating: 0
Lauren_Elisse
Elder

Faith: Antiochian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: United States

« on: April 12, 2010, 11:04:22 PM »

Seems like some of the men in my area have become fans of wearing large gold hoop earrings to church, I actually have a friend that wanted everyone's opinion on this, he prefers me to keep him name private.

Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 11:11:57 PM »

I still cannot believe there are men who wear earrings period.  They always look ridiculous.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 11:13:22 PM »

Seems like some of the men in my area have become fans of wearing large gold hoop earrings to church, I actually have a friend that wanted everyone's opinion on this, he prefers me to keep him name private.
Is he a pirate?

Really, it doesn't matter.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 11:16:02 PM »

Is it "bring a Pirate to Church day" at your parish???  laugh  laugh  laugh

It's good to see that your parish is carrying out God's commandment to be "fishers of men"!  laugh  laugh  laugh

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 11:25:56 PM »

An earring on a guy? Meh, could be worse...

Now those plugs/whatever-they-are I just don't get. *shrugs* I don't really much care about earrings for anyone, women included. Actually, I guess I prefer an unadorned ear on a woman... and I don't typically look at the ears of men... so...   Wink

Problem: John finds a spider under his bed. John eats the spider. John gets sick to his stomach.

Question: Why did John get sick?
LBK
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 04:12:28 AM »

Hooped earrings on a man, who's not an actor playing in a period piece? Hoo!! I'm surprised the babushki/yiayies haven't got to them yet. These sorts wouldn't last too long in my church. A finger in the hoop, and a swift downward stroke. Messy, but it solves the problem, pronto.

Personally, large hooped earrings on women do nothing for me, but on men, ewwwww. Far too effeminate and self-indulgent.  Tongue Tongue
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 04:13:06 AM by LBK » Logged
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 04:15:30 AM »

I still cannot believe there are men who wear earrings period.  They always look ridiculous.

I totally agree!

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 07:58:05 AM »

I totally agree!

Me too!

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 09:30:05 AM »

Superfluous and silly.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 11:48:19 AM »

Until about four years ago I had some facial piercings. Now that I've had them out for a while, I think they look idiotic on other people, but I once loved them. So there you have it. Sometimes we are just silly creatures.
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 11:59:01 AM »

It all depends on the culture of your local parish. There are canons that prohibit disfiguring the body, and some priests and Bishops have said that piercings fall under that category. However, Archbishop Christodoulos of Athens of blessed memory famously gave a sermon in which he said all young people, including those with tattoos and earrings and crazy hair, are welcome in the Divine Liturgy.

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 01:05:48 PM »

Hooped earrings on a man, who's not an actor playing in a period piece? Hoo!! I'm surprised the babushki/yiayies haven't got to them yet. These sorts wouldn't last too long in my church. A finger in the hoop, and a swift downward stroke. Messy, but it solves the problem, pronto.

Personally, large hooped earrings on women do nothing for me, but on men, ewwwww. Far too effeminate and self-indulgent.  Tongue Tongue

So are you saying that you would rather them not come at all then be edified and potentially transformed by the Divine Liturgy? All jokes about pirates aside, I don't think we should try to stop someone from coming to Church because they have a piercing or tattoo that we don't like.

By allowing them to come, we are exposing them to the true teachings of the Church, allowing them to come receive the gift of salvation. By kicking them out, we are no better than than the Pharisees.

When I lived in Atlanta, there was a couple who obviously had an "edgier" sense of fashion. They were married, had a young child, and tended to dress a little bit "Goth." Even though the husband always wore a suit to Church, the wife a modest dress, the colors they wore were always a bit bolder, they had some piercings, and their choice in hair color was definitely unique. The husband had a beard alright, but it certainly wasn't the traditional Orthodox type. laugh

But, to their credit, they brought their toddler to Church on a regular basis, came to pray, and participated in parish life.

In a day and age where the world is screaming "Don't go to Church! It's a waste of time!," they were in the pew on Sunday. I may not have agreed with their style of dress, but I would rather see them in the Church than outside of it.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 01:36:39 PM »

I can't think of an actual cultural reason to have a man wear a hoop in the ear. (outside of fads/fashion)

How is this for irony? I have my ears and septum pierced but I don't wear anything in my ears. The septum ring is MUCH larger (10 gauge) but there is an actual cultural reason to wear it. I don't wear anything in my ears because it seems vain to me. If there isn't a reason for wearing jewelry, I don't think it should be worn to church. And "I like it" isn't a good reason IMO. I wear my wedding ring, a thumb ring with the Jesus prayer in church slavonic that my husband gave me before he deployed, my septum ring and baptismal cross to church- nothing else jewelry-wise.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 01:37:25 PM by Quinault » Logged
mersch

Faith: converting to orthodoxy, seems to be on hold

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 08:57:57 PM »

While I don't or rarely wear any form of jewelery, most men in my area of my age group have at least one ear pierced. But do they wear big hoops? I don't recall, so I guess not.  I really dont care one way or another on the subject. If one does or doesn't wear jewelery, that  isn't what matters to me. ( yes, I am a female, and have dated a few gentlemen who wear more jewelery than I do, since I wear none)
Lauren_Elisse
Elder

Faith: Antiochian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: United States

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 09:00:27 PM »

Wow, reading back hahaha I see I did not clarify that I was talking about gauged rings in ears.
and not actually the hoola hoop earrings bwahahahaha

Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 09:09:56 PM »

Not only did I have my ear pierced in my twenties, but I also had long hair.  The reason?  I played in a band and the look was just as important as the music.  Fortunately for me (and our fans), I played way better than I looked.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Sloga
High Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 04:02:06 PM »

I had both ears pierced, now only one. I dont take it out when I go to church. Now hold on, I don't have a spacer or even a hoop, its just a diamond stud. I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm not looking to turn heads, I don't even care if someone doesn't approve or says I look bad with it. I don't see the issue. I never understood criticism of certain dressing habits at church. Being at Church is certainly better than not being there, and quite frankly, I don't think God cares what you're wearing to church, especially minor things like that.

Христе Боже, Распети и Свети!

"In the history of the human race there have been three principal falls: that of Adam, that of Judas, and that of the pope." Saint Justin Popovic
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 04:07:19 PM »

Proverbs 22:7
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Ruthenian Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Pheonix

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 11:46:06 AM »

lol, I can see wearing an earring like that.  I'd never loose my car keys Cheesy

I think that earrings on men are just nutty. 

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Ruthenian Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Pheonix

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 11:48:43 AM »

Not only did I have my ear pierced in my twenties, but I also had long hair.  The reason?  I played in a band and the look was just as important as the music.  Fortunately for me (and our fans), I played way better than I looked.

I don't think the long hair is that un-useual.  the bible says that long hair on a man is a sign of service to God.  (sorry, I can't give you the exact verse.)  this is what I tell my mother when she wants me to get a hair cut!

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 03:32:41 PM »

I don't think people should not go to church who have those things, but it can be a distraction for others. That's what everyone needs to remember is that they have a duty to the weaker brother who may be distracted or scandalized. Sometimes people are just going to be tempted or upset no matter what, but lots of times this can be mitigated.

Who's to say who's the weaker person? The person who because of fashion wears earrings and has yet to come to a place where he can understand what that action means or the one who judges him and loses spiritual peace because of it? I don't know. I will say, if one is going to be strict, the charge of vanity and possibly self-mutilation applies to both men and women in this case. However, men wearing earrings can also be seen as an imitation of women (same with long hair on laymen). Like women wearing pants (before the upheavals of the 20th century, this was unheard of. Interestingly, however, men wearing earrings existed before that, but was not mainstream). Not to open that can of worms, but if we're going to be whole-enchilada traditional and get beyond personal taste and look deeply into things as expressed by the Church fathers, that's how I'd see it.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Brain Reed

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 10:08:43 AM »

Hi friend,
Men's rings declare a man's personality and his increasing success. Men can have anything from simple, unadorned bands to the fanciest designer rings.
Since the creation of the CTR ring, the symbol of the shield and letters have been put on t-shirts, earrings, bracelets, bookmarks, stationary, ties and hundreds of different ring designs in over 30 languages. It has become popular for the members of the church, especially the youth, to outwardly express their devotion and commitment to doing what is right by wearing their CTR rings and other memorabilia.

Thanks

* Link to commercial advertisement disabled *  -PtA
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 12:50:07 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 11:58:55 PM »

I totally agree!

Me too!

Ditto! 

And seriously, a hoop ear ring?  I dunno....

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Sloga
High Elder

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2010, 12:02:40 AM »

I totally agree!

Me too!

Ditto! 

you all make me want to re pierce my right ear, pierce my cartilage twice and pierce my tragea  Grin

"In the history of the human race there have been three principal falls: that of Adam, that of Judas, and that of the pope." Saint Justin Popovic
Ionnis
OC.net guru

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 12:05:15 AM »

I totally agree!

Me too!

Ditto! 

you all make me want to re pierce my right ear, pierce my cartilage twice and pierce my tragea  Grin

When I am made Dear Leader, I will have you thrown in prison for that post.    I don't know what a tragea is but piercing it sounds excruciating!

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Sloga
High Elder

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 12:19:49 AM »

its the little piece of cartilage on the inside of your ear that pokes out, its pretty hard. I've seen people pierce it, it makes a loud crunching noise. Smiley

Ionnis
OC.net guru

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 12:27:25 AM »

its the little piece of cartilage on the inside of your ear that pokes out, its pretty hard. I've seen people pierce it, it makes a loud crunching noise. Smiley

Sounds heretical to me. Tongue

minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 12:25:47 PM »

I am ripping apart my sackcloth at such a thought.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2010, 07:53:41 AM »

Indeed it does. Those grannies wouldn't think to do that again after the lawsuit they went through. Paying for the guy's medical bills is tough on a fixed income.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Liz
High Elder

Faith: Church of England

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2010, 11:04:24 AM »

I don't have a religious response - but I find this so unpleasant! It is mutilation, and I can't ever feel that is right. I am a woman and constantly people say I should pierce my ears, but the idea makes me feel queasy. Why would I want to stick a piece of metal through my skin?

I can't understand it at all.  Sad
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 11:07:01 AM »

This thread makes me want to buy even larger earrings. Or maybe I should switch to those plugs or something.
Liz
High Elder

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2010, 11:16:09 AM »

This thread makes me want to buy even larger earrings. Or maybe I should switch to those plugs or something.

I'm sorry if that was in response to what I said. I would never suggest you shouldn't dress as you like, but I am very squeamish and when I see piercings, I just feel a bit odd - a bit like vertigo for people who see the view from a height. I'm a bit pleased to find I'm not the only person who feels like that, because people constantly tell me to get my ears done!

Anyway, sorry if I upset you - didn't mean to sound as outspoken as perhaps I did.
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox. With some feta, please.

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 11:40:04 AM »

I'm sorry if that was in response to what I said. I would never suggest you shouldn't dress as you like, but I am very squeamish and when I see piercings, I just feel a bit odd - a bit like vertigo for people who see the view from a height. I'm a bit pleased to find I'm not the only person who feels like that, because people constantly tell me to get my ears done!

Anyway, sorry if I upset you - didn't mean to sound as outspoken as perhaps I did.

Nope, that wasn't response to what you said nor I'm particularly upset either. Smiley My response was meant to come out a little humorous but maybe it didn't turn out so.
Liz
High Elder

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 12:06:06 PM »

Nope, that wasn't response to what you said nor I'm particularly upset either. Smiley My response was meant to come out a little humorous but maybe it didn't turn out so.

Oh good!  Cheesy
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2010, 08:37:35 PM »

I am ripping apart my sackcloth at such a thought.

I am now showering myself with the dirt of the ground.

sodr2

القديس الانبا رويس

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2010, 05:41:24 PM »

I say men can have earnings if they want... what do you guys mean when you say they look ridiculous? Do you judge people often based on how they look?

"Happiness depends on the relationship between man and God." Pope Shenouda III
Rosehip
Archon

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2010, 05:44:53 PM »

I don't have a religious response - but I find this so unpleasant! It is mutilation, and I can't ever feel that is right. I am a woman and constantly people say I should pierce my ears, but the idea makes me feel queasy. Why would I want to stick a piece of metal through my skin?

I can't understand it at all.  Sad

I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only woman who doesn't have the stomach to get her ears pierced, Liz! Sometimes I think how nice it would be to be able to wear earrings (but then I'd end up frittering away money needlessly), but then I always stop myself knowing that I"d have to deal with the holes etc. It seems a vicious cycle and purely vanity.

+ Our dear sister Martha (Rosehip) passed away on Dec 20, 2010.  May her memory be eternal! +
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2010, 06:05:37 AM »

Women without earnings look better.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
theistgal
Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ
Jurisdiction: Byzantine Catholic

don't even go there!

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2010, 10:18:55 AM »

I enjoy wearing earrings.  But more importantly, I enjoy SHOPPING for earrings - mostly at thrift shops and yard sales but occasionally at an artist's shop.  It's amazing how many designs there are!  Such a splash of colors and textures nowadays!  

Last month we went to visit my parents and went to a little museum near the beach, where I found a lovely pair of earrings made from seashells.  I love anything that has to do with the ocean so of course I made my husband buy them for me as an early birthday present.   Cool

AND - I had my ears pierced when I was a teenager, so it's already been done.  So I figure I might as well make use of at least two of the holes in my head!  Grin

(As for guys - hey, it's their choice.  One of the waiters at our favorite coffee shop has pierced ears AND a pierced nose - and he actually looks pretty good!)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 10:23:13 AM by theistgal » Logged

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2010, 05:11:59 PM »

Earrings, hair dying and regrowth, tattoos, the wearing of shorts, women wearing pants, etc.=vanity

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm vain enough without all that stuff.

If we wanted to go beyond the explanation of vanity to specific injunctions against such things, we could. But the problem is that, no matter what they are told, many people will continue to do what they want and find ways to justify it. It is sad. To me, it's a sign of spiritual disorder--all to varying degrees, of course, but it's still there. And we all have some kind of spiritual disorder, but we should be aware of this and appealing to the Physician for help in putting it to order.

I have a hard enough time dealing with my own vanity to deal with other people's, but excess body modification can be very distracting. People should realize that everything they do has an effect on others--even our secret sins.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2010, 07:04:45 PM »

You're right, however for discussion's sake:

Would bodily embellishments be associated with personality?  If so, then it might not be so vain, considering if they're trying to mate up with someone else, revealing the type of personality they are to the personality they want to be with.  As we learn in science, whether or not you intend it, what you do to yourself is a form of innate biological mating ritual.

theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2010, 07:20:37 PM »

I don't think it's fair to automatically assume that any kind of jewelry, makeup, etc. always automatically equal vanity.

Sometimes people just don't have any other outlet for creativity in their everyday lives, and jewelry can provide a cheerful dose of color in an otherwise humdrum day.  And every little girl loves to play "dress up" - it's just fun!  Grin 

Also, if you're going to say "no jewelry", where do you draw the line?  What about wedding rings?  engagement rings?  etc. ?

Also - interesting that (the subject of this thread being the exception) these "vanity, vanity, all is vanity" rules seem to be primarily aimed at women.  Roll Eyes

"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2010, 07:26:08 PM »

I don't think it's fair to automatically assume that any kind of jewelry, makeup, etc. always automatically equal vanity.

Sometimes people just don't have any other outlet for creativity in their everyday lives, and jewelry can provide a cheerful dose of color in an otherwise humdrum day.  And every little girl loves to play "dress up" - it's just fun!  Grin 

Also, if you're going to say "no jewelry", where do you draw the line?  What about wedding rings?  engagement rings?  etc. ?

Also - interesting that (the subject of this thread being the exception) these "vanity, vanity, all is vanity" rules seem to be primarily aimed at women.  Roll Eyes

True...

I have always hated male posers, with the chains, the gangsta outfit...

....or the gothic looking people (male or female).  God forgive me, I am sounding judgmental.  But I question the point, and the only thing that seems to make sense is attracting people of the "same culture" so to speak, whether socially or as biologists believe, "mating rituals."

Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2010, 07:38:06 PM »

the wearing of shorts, women wearing pants

The horror...    Shocked

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
theistgal
Site Supporter
Archon

don't even go there!

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2010, 08:00:53 PM »

LOL ... if you could see me in my padded bike shorts, you might not call them "vanity" but rather "chutzpah"!  Wink

Tags:
Pages: 1 2 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: