OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 08:49:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mourning with my Polish friends. Marylia Radowicz+Valeriy Leontiev  (Read 1470 times) Average Rating: 0
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« on: April 11, 2010, 05:50:33 PM »

We love you, Poles, and we hate the evil forces, no matter of what nationality, who want to harm you...

A great performance of the Polish rock queen, Marylia Radowicz, and a cute Russian pop singer, Valeriy Leontiev:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN3SLmBBUDw&feature=related

Love never fails.
Michał
['mi:hɑʊ]
High Elder

Faith: Catholic (again!)
Jurisdiction: the Latin Church

"Mother of God, Virgin, by God glorified Mary..."

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 06:11:25 PM »

Thank you, Heorhij!
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 07:58:22 AM »

My pleasure! I am always fascinated by examples of deep friendship between Poles and Russians, like Radowicz-Leontiev, or Bulat Okudzhava- Agnieska Osiecka. Unfortunately, Leontiev is old and Okudzhava died in 1997...

Love never fails.
Michał
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 08:05:42 AM »

Also, Daniel Olbrychski, a famous Polish actor, is definitely a russophile and has many Russian friends.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 11:22:07 AM »

Also, Daniel Olbrychski, a famous Polish actor, is definitely a russophile and has many Russian friends.

An Orthodox Christian and Seminary graduate.
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »

May God bless Poland during this time of sorrow! Veechnaya Pomyat!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
Michał
High Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 01:52:37 PM »

An Orthodox Christian and Seminary graduate.

Interesting. Where can I read more about it?
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 02:27:52 PM »

Sorry, I mistook him with Olaf Lubaszenko.

edit:

Well, it looks like it's not Lubaszenko either. But there is a famous Polish actor that converted from JW in the age of 12 and started acting after the Seminary. He was baptised by Fr. Eugeniusz Cebulski.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:34:40 PM by mike » Logged
Michał
High Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 03:35:22 PM »

Well, it looks like it's not Lubaszenko either. But there is a famous Polish actor that converted from JW in the age of 12 and started acting after the Seminary.

If you happen to remember his name, please, let me know.
Heorhij
Merarches

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 05:26:42 PM »

Here's another clip, this one just Leontiev singing "Kolorowe Jarmarki." In Russian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKcDO2tSjMA&NR=1

Love never fails.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 09:07:18 PM »

The Armenian Catholicos Karekin II will preside during a requiem for the victims of this tragic plane crash:

http://www.etchmiadzin.com/

Requiem Service - Victims of the Polish Airplane Disaster

On April 17, 2010 a special Repose of Soul service shall be offered in the Mother Cathedral of Holy Etchmiadzin, in memory of the victims of the recent airplane disaster that took the lives of Polish President Lech Kaczynski, his wife Mrs. Maria Kaczynska, and high ranking state officials and clergymen of Poland. His Holiness Karekin II, Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians, shall preside during the service, with the participation of the members of Brotherhood of Holy Etchmiadzin. The service shall commence at 11:00 a.m.

Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 08:20:01 PM »

http://www.etchmiadzin.com/

On April 17, in the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, His Holiness Karekin II, Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians, presided during the Repose of Soul service in memory of the victims of the airplane disaster that took the lives of Polish President Lech Kaczynski, his wife Mrs. Maria Kaczynska, and high ranking state officials and clergymen of Poland.

Before the beginning of the ceremony, His Grace Bishop Paren Avetikian, Brotherhood Member of the Mother See delivered remarks to those present on behalf of the Armenian Pontiff and Members of the Brotherhood of the Mother See.

During the service the clergy and people in attendance sent their prayers to God asking for rest for the souls of the victims, and comfort for their relatives.

At the conclusion of the ceremony His Holiness Karekin II, Supreme Patriarch and Catholicos of All Armenians expressed his condolences to the Polish nation and the Polish authorities. Present for the service were Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary accredited to the Republic of Armenia, representatives of the international organizations, high-ranking officials and members of the Polish Community in Armenia.

The Pontiff of All Armenians sent a Letter of Condolence to Mr. Bronisław Komorowski, Marshal of the Sejm (Speaker of Parliament) on this occasion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swpmWxxqsmU&feature=player_profilepage&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FArmenianChurch%23p%2Fu%2F1%2FswpmWxxqsmU

Tags: Polish Poland Smolensk 2010 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: