OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 07:49:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small request  (Read 861 times) Average Rating: 0
Toraak

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Archangel Michael

« on: April 09, 2010, 09:29:19 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm not sure how to do this but here goes...

First, if you would, pray for some families in my town whose apartments burned down this week. I don't think anyone was hurt but I know it must be awful for them. Everything else I'm going to ask pales in comparison to this and my heart goes out to them.

Please pray for me. I feel awfully lonely most of the time and I'm terribly shy. I don't wanna ask because it sounds terribly selfish, but I hope the Lord will help me with my fear. I've met some nice kids at school but I'm very awkward around people and I'm afraid I'm gonna drive them away. I know all this sounds really silly but I'm at wits end, and I need the Lord's help. This is something I've been struggling with all my life and it makes me so sad... Cry If you find some room in your hearts for my silly request please pray for me but most of all pray for those who have lost their homes. Thanks.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 09:38:53 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 09:49:27 PM »

Lord have mercy!

If I may ask, how old are you?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
HandmaidenofGod
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA (Ecumenical Patriarch)

O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 09:56:31 PM »

Lord have mercy!

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 10:13:02 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
Altar Server
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian(as of 12/18/10)
Jurisdiction: OCA

Holy Father Seraphim, Pray to God for us!

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 12:28:24 AM »

+Lord Have Mercy!

All my hope I place in you, O Mother of God, keep me under your protection!
Lauren_Elisse
Elder

Faith: Antiochian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: United States

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 12:48:15 AM »

Lord have mercy

Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Toraak

Archangel Michael

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 04:05:04 AM »

Thank you everyone. I'm 26.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 04:58:17 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 04:59:00 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 08:22:41 AM »

Thank you everyone. I'm 26.

I just ask because am the same by nature, and so is my older son. He was rather shocked when I told him that I was shy by nature, as he said he didn't see it. I explained that I've learned to overcome it, but it is still how I am.  Part of it was having good friends who were outgoing by nature: being around them you are just swept into being more sociable.  Another was finding groups that I was comfortable with.  I've suggested he get more involved in group activities at school.  You mentioned something about school: maybe you should look into that too.  Since you are older, you might have to look wider for groups to get involved with.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 12:07:43 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Toraak

Archangel Michael

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 03:03:44 PM »

I just ask because am the same by nature, and so is my older son. He was rather shocked when I told him that I was shy by nature, as he said he didn't see it. I explained that I've learned to overcome it, but it is still how I am.  Part of it was having good friends who were outgoing by nature: being around them you are just swept into being more sociable.  Another was finding groups that I was comfortable with.  I've suggested he get more involved in group activities at school.  You mentioned something about school: maybe you should look into that too.  Since you are older, you might have to look wider for groups to get involved with.

Thanks everyone, I feel better.  Smiley  That describes me pretty well. I'm still in college... I just have to work harder and be more involved. Just wish it were easier, but hey there's nothing like that feeling when you've worked really hard for something and you finally accomplish it.
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 03:29:56 PM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
gregoryh

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 09:26:05 AM »

Dear one, your requests are not silly.  May God grant you peace and joy and good friends.  May He have mercy on those whose apartments burned and help them in their time of need.
jckstraw72
OC.net guru

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 02:47:40 PM »

Lord have mercy!
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 02:33:17 PM »

Thanks everyone, I feel better.  Smiley  That describes me pretty well. I'm still in college... I just have to work harder and be more involved. Just wish it were easier, but hey there's nothing like that feeling when you've worked really hard for something and you finally accomplish it.
Lord, have mercy!

One group I might recommend, if you can find one near your college, is a local chapter of Toastmasters International, where you can learn communication and leadership skills that will help you overcome your shyness.  If you want more details, please send me a private message.
John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 03:06:29 AM »

Lord have mercy!

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: