Author Topic: Awesome Reporting!  (Read 852 times)

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
Awesome Reporting!
« on: April 06, 2010, 10:42:50 PM »
This clip almost knocked me out of my chair!  :D

Comments?
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
Re: Awesome Reporting!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 03:47:16 AM »

Comments?

Ha! ;D  Must be the MSNBC affiliates in England. Give the sideline reporter a red card for that!

Selam
""Love is a dangerous thing. It will crush you if you trust it. But without it you can never be whole. Love crucifies, but love saves. We will either be saved together with love, or damned alone without it."    Selam, +GMK+

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Professor Emeritus, CSA
  • Merarches
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 08:20:11 AM »

Comments?
Nice. :laugh:
"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens

Offline HandmaidenofGod

• Archon
  • O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:47:39 AM »
Very funny!  :laugh:

Check out how these Russian football fans cheering! So much for "Godless" Russia!  ;)  ;D
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 10:42:26 AM »

Comments?

I think we both know a few schoolmates who would have likely missed it, too.

Very funny!  :laugh:

Check out how these Russian football fans cheering! So much for "Godless" Russia!  ;)  ;D

They're very passionate about Pascha!  Or, they're hoping, "Christ rose from the dead... Maybe the team can, too!" ;)
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 10:57:31 AM »
It was certainly a better chant than the one the Redsox 'fans' were cheering at Fenway Park the other night during the Yankee game!

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Merarches
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 07:14:34 PM »
It was certainly a better chant than the one the Redsox 'fans' were cheering at Fenway Park the other night during the Yankee game!
What were they chanting?
"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens

Offline HandmaidenofGod

• Archon
  • O Holy St. Demetrius pray to God for us!
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 07:26:12 PM »
They're very passionate about Pascha!  Or, they're hoping, "Christ rose from the dead... Maybe the team can, too!" ;)

LOL!
"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jer 29:11

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 08:22:38 PM »
What were they chanting?

Probably what they used to chant also at Celtics, Bruins, and Pats games: "Yankees extract/absorb/sip/drink/engulf/inhale/nurse"  (I hope the language teacher appreciates synonyms ;) )
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Merarches
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 09:28:10 PM »
What were they chanting?

Probably what they used to chant also at Celtics, Bruins, and Pats games: "Yankees extract/absorb/sip/drink/engulf/inhale/nurse"  (I hope the language teacher appreciates synonyms ;) )
I do indeed. I'm quite disappointed, though, that that was the best cheer they could think of.