OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 03:18:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodoxy in the Age of Faith  (Read 423 times) Average Rating: 0
вєликаго

Faith: Drevlepravoslavie (Old Orthodox) STRANNIKI
Jurisdiction: Lipovan

« on: April 05, 2010, 02:15:04 AM »

The Age of Faith is the age of Orthodoxy -- it is also known as the Middle Ages and begins with Emperor Constantine -- the first Christian Emperor and ends with the takeover of Patriarch Nikon and  the New-Rite Nikionians.
There is no one world time line (in this matter) -- The Age of Faith ended early some places and kept going (late) in others; Russia belongs to the latter category.

I challenge any-one to do a comparative study  of the Middle Ages , the Renaissance and the present era;, by doing so, any one shall be able to tell that the Church of the Middle Ages -- the Age of Faith -- is not the same as the worldly Antichrist churches that emerged during the Renaissance.

St. Meletius the Confessor – Submit not yourselves to monastics, nor to presbyters, who teach lawless things and evilly propound them. And why do I say only monastics or presbyters? Follow not even after bishops who guilefully exhort you to do and say and believe things that are not profitable. What
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 02:29:31 AM »

I challenge any-one to do a comparative study  of the Middle Ages , the Renaissance and the present era;, by doing so, any one shall be able to tell that the Church of the Middle Ages -- the Age of Faith -- is not the same as the worldly Antichrist churches that emerged during the Renaissance.

No, such a study would be far too Western, scholastic and heretical. Antithetical to the old ways of our fathers, before we reached this most pitiable stage of human existence, where the righteous are hiding in desert caves, far from the influence of the ungodly places they call monasteries today.

Such inquiries into books and history only puff up the soul with Antichrist prelest. References to these "Middle Ages" are not to be found in the Holy Scriptures or Holy Fathers, therefore we true believers reject such fictions.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 02:30:08 AM by Alveus Lacuna » Logged
вєликаго

Faith: Drevlepravoslavie (Old Orthodox) STRANNIKI
Jurisdiction: Lipovan

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 02:58:28 AM »

Documenting heresies is well established by the Holy Fathers, and, we are exhorted to warn others about them. Latinism is heresy, in-example, the Holy Fathers, having had several different councils, over different periods, condemned the heresy of  crossing ones self with three fingers -- calling it, among many things, Latinism; if that is not Western heresy -- then neither I nor the Holy Fathers appear to know what is.

St. Meletius the Confessor – Submit not yourselves to monastics, nor to presbyters, who teach lawless things and evilly propound them. And why do I say only monastics or presbyters? Follow not even after bishops who guilefully exhort you to do and say and believe things that are not profitable. What
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 03:05:55 AM »

Documenting heresies is well established by the Holy Fathers, and, we are exhorted to warn others about them. Latinism is heresy, in-example, the Holy Fathers, having had several different councils, over different periods, condemned the heresy of  crossing ones self with three fingers -- calling it, among many things, Latinism; if that is not Western heresy -- then neither I nor the Holy Fathers appear to know what is.

The records of those councils which survive today are corrupted by the evil Latin and Jew loving Greeks, which have altered the texts in many ways after the Union of Florence. Even though they seem to condemn the three fingers, the original texts which survive in Old Slavonic manuscripts in the tundra of Siberia clearly state that the sign of the cross is to be made only with the thumb and pinky pressed tightly together, representing how God and man were originally connected before the Fall.
Hopeful Faithful
How can there be any earthly consecrated orthodox bishops during the age of this Great Apostasy?

Faith: In transition to the Russian old Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Strong Russian Old Pomorsky (Stranniki)

An Old Faith Flag

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 03:24:58 AM »

representing how God and man were originally connected before the Fall.

Spiritual health to us all.

I don't disagree, but I'd like to see what manuscript(s) record that?

Forgive, brother John
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 03:26:44 AM by Hopeful Faithful » Logged

HIS Judgment Cometh, And That Right Soon! Mark 13:35

If any man be ignorant, let him alone be ignorant (at his own peril). 1 Cor. 14:38

Let us all hope to be found a faithful, loving bond-slave of Christ on the soon approaching Last Day.
Tags: Old Believers 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: