OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 09:28:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: please help me...  (Read 957 times) Average Rating: 0
Donna Rose
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: January 11, 2004, 05:37:36 PM »

today my mom said something that scared me...she said she has been very mad at God lately. without going into our life story, she has had an enormous cross to bear, and i have prayed for her every day since i was old enough to understand, but i dont think my prayers are enough. please...please, whatever prayers you can spare for her, that she will see that God's love is better than any love that can be found on earth, and that she will be calmed of her anger and find peace in Him, would maybe be enough to save her.

thank you from the bottom of my nearly broken heart...you will all be in my prayers.

Love~*Donna

hmmmm...
Byzantino
Me Ortodox
Elder

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 06:47:05 PM »

You're both in my prayers. I too had many bouts of anger directed at God in the not too distant past. Just hang in there.

Un abbraccio,

Byz
Byzantino
Me Ortodox
Elder

Orthodox Christian

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 10:34:17 PM »

me again...I'm sorry, I didn't know that Orthodox Christians cannot pray for a person unless they know his or her Baptismal name (I'm RC myself)...my mom's name is Celia Ann Mazziotti

Hi Donna,

Where did you hear that one? We can pray for anyone, even if they're nameless  Grin  All my Orthodox friends were praying for me when i was Roman Catholic without knowing my baptismal name. Can you imagine God saying "I can't accept your prayer because you didn't use her baptismal name."   Tongue

P.S. I had a feeling you were Italian Wink
jbc1949

St. Adeodatus--Given by God

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 12:44:46 AM »

I can't think of anything better than to pray for someone, although I'm not always sure who benefits more, the pray-er or the pray-ee!  No matter, God decides not man.

My prayers for Celia and for you, Donna, without ceasing.

JBC
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 09:44:06 AM »

My unworthy prayers also. Lord have mercy.

PT

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: