Alex posted this on byzcath.org; I have his permission to quote.
TOP 10 REASONS TO BE IN COMMUNION WITH ROME
1) Someone else will do all the thinking for your bishops so they can avoid all those face wrinkles and grey hair that results from too much pondering and the worrying that results from it;
2) Our people can be constantly reminded how lucky they are to have the "fullness" of enlightened faith which they would not have otherwise had without Rome;
3) Costs can be saved on administrative matters like the appointment of your own bishops;
4) You will receive the promise of maintaining a married priesthood - again and again and again and. . .;
5) The maintenance of your Particular Eastern theology is assured - as long as it is in total sync with the only true Latin theology;
6) You will receive the blessing of all sorts of monastic Orders - Basilians, Redemptorists, Oblates of Mary Immaculate, Sister Servants of the Ray emanating from the Immaculate Heart of Mary and other long-standing Orders of the true Eastern tradition;
7) You can be a "sui juris" Church which means that all decision-making is in your own hands - dependent on the approval of the Curia, Vatican subcommittees, Prelates of the Congregation of the Eastern Churches. If your decision makes it through all these levels, there are still some Cardinals who may want to review it before letting you have your own way . . . one can't be too careful about schismatic tendencies among Easterners you know, invincible ignorance and all that;
While under Rome, your Eastern Church can have the benefit of having its saints canonized by the Pope himself - when he's done canonizing the Italian, French and Spanish saints - oops, almost forgot the Polish! Why settle for those insignificant Orthodox local canonizations . . .er, "glorifications" - is that what you Easterners call your canonizations?
9) Your Patriarchs and Metropolitans can receive the great honour of not only being appointed by Rome, but being consecrated by Rome, pallia et alia, in the company of many Latin bishops! Who wouldn't jump at the chance for such glory?! Some might even get to be . . . CARDINALS!!
10) AND, one more great benefit is that, while under Rome, we will let you pretend that you are equals and "in Communion." There is nothing that Rome would not do to make you Easterners happy to participate in the true light of the REAL Church!