OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 07:35:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teens, fads, fashions and Orthodoxy  (Read 10656 times) Average Rating: 0
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2010, 12:09:56 AM »

I can understand where you are coming from. 

Honestly, what is any type of Christian supposed to look like, anyway?  Remember, Satan will throw any kind of trick at us, so we must alwayse be on our guard (and teac our children to do the same!)  She is a new generation, she'll look different than those Christians 50 years ago. 

to tell you the truth, she has the eyes of an angel!  nothing un-Christian about her! angel

BTW, it's when she is having upside-down crosses tatooed on her body when she'll look un Christian. 

best of luck, this situation is in my prayers.  Smiley

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
Vzldrb
Elder

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2010, 05:07:08 PM »

I'm 19, and I spent my time being 13 as that kind of person - with the Tripp pants, and the chains, and the long hair and full beard.

Anyways, needless to say, I found in Orthodoxy what I had been looking for in my younger teen years - the faith that was promoted in the Bible, with serious practitioners who really want to be more like Christ, who like being in solitude, fasting, and prayer.

I just wish I found out about Orthodoxy much, much sooner.

To Trevor: Nonsense! There is nothing wrong with Saint Peter's cross... There is an issue when it has Jesus on it Crucified, and it's upside down... Regardless, it's just an image.

and YES last december, I played music looking just like them, in fact, there are even "unblack" metal bands.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:13:45 PM by Vzldrb » Logged
Tags: fashion fads clothing 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: