OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 09:00:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: just another few questions  (Read 381 times) Average Rating: 0
question

« on: March 30, 2010, 12:15:40 PM »

can a priest still remain a priest if he dosent have people attending his chruch? what if he turns people down? is it true that you are not allowed to do a sunday service after 12pm?
Andrew21091
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 12:39:57 PM »

can a priest still remain a priest if he dosent have people attending his chruch?

Yes a priest is still a priest even if people do not come to his church. Some priests don't even serve in a church. There are priestmonks who become hermits such as St. Seraphim of Sarov or Elder Cleopa for example who were bestowed with the grace of priesthood but spent time alone living a solitary life but they were still priests. There is a rule though I believe that a priest cannot serve Liturgy if there are no people present; there needs to be atleast one other person present.

what if he turns people down?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Like if the priest doesn't let someone come to church? If they were doing that for no reason then they may just be a "bad" priest but they would still be a priest.

is it true that you are not allowed to do a sunday service after 12pm?

I've never heard of a rule like this so I can't answer this one.
question

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 01:10:25 PM »

well this certain priest tells people that want to go to his church to go to a different one Im not sure why but there havent been people in his church (because he turns them down) for about 3 years
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: