OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 01, 2014, 01:57:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer and advice needed  (Read 339 times) Average Rating: 0
gregoryh

« on: March 28, 2010, 10:20:40 PM »

I am being investigated for a crime.  I did NOT commit this crime.  However, I have OCD and my thoughts -- I have a history of doing this, although I have never been suspected of a crime, before -- continue to imagine scenerios where perhaps I did do it.  In other words, when I was first informed that a man filed a complaint against me I was totally surprised and had no idea what the issue was about.  When I was told about it, I had not doubt that I had never engaged in the activity.  But, as time goes by, I keep obsessing about "what if I did do it and just don't remember?" and imagine all kinds of things.  I do this so much that I have a hard time distinguishing reality from fantasy.  Please, please, please pray for me.  And, if any of you have any insight into this type of behavior, please give me some useful advise.  Thank you.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 12:51:54 AM »

Talk to your Priest about this as soon as possible. Try to find a thoroughly Orthodox Christian psychologist or psychiatrist (this may prove difficult, but avoid secular psychiatry unless your Priest can recommend someone he knows is trustworthy.)

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties. Try to receive the Sacraments soon, and continue to pray and have faith in Our Lord. Satan is trying to cause you to doubt yourself. He is trying to ensnare you in confusion and paranoia. Therefore, focus your thoughts on Christ and His mercy, and satan's schemes will be nullified. Pray the Jesus Prayer as often as possible: "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner."

"Lord have mercy."

Selam
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 12:52:41 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus » Logged

"Those who have nothing constructive to offer are masters at belittling the offerings of others." +GMK+
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: