OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 20, 2014, 09:59:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Parish website  (Read 920 times) Average Rating: 0
pious1

Faith: Orthodox

« on: March 26, 2010, 11:04:33 AM »

This is St. Andrew's first attempt at a website, any thoughts are welcome. the site has a link that will translate it into Ukrainian as well.

http://en.standrewuoc.com/
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:05:25 AM by pious1 » Logged
mike
Warned
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 06:21:06 PM »

My parish's one has started today also:

http://liturgia.cerkiew.pl/index.php?ln=en
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 06:21:19 PM by mike » Logged
Tikhon.of.Colorado
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 11:00:10 PM »

This is St. Andrew's first attempt at a website, any thoughts are welcome. the site has a link that will translate it into Ukrainian as well.

http://en.standrewuoc.com/

what a great website!  I think every parish should have a website.  before I went to my church, I studied old bullitins and pictures, and it really helped me loose that feeling of "unfirmilliar territory".

again, good job Smiley

"It is true that I am not always faithful, but I never lose courage, I leave myself in the Arms of Our Lord." - St. Thérèse of Lisieux
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 04:34:32 PM »

The web page is nicely done.

I only had a few observations.

First, the "About Ukrainian Orthodoxy" link takes us to a page that is directly taken from: http://orthodoxyinamerica.org/about_orthodoxy.html.  In the least it should also site the source of said information like the original page does - "The following articles on Orthodoxy are from the book, These Truths We Hold - The Holy Orthodox Church: Her Life and Teachings, published by and available from Saint Tikhon's Seminary Press"

Second, in your photos for Palm Sunday, the article states "Over 400 faithful attended this year's Palm Sunday Liturgy."  There were not even close to that many.  Even your own photos don't show 400 people.  Why the need for all the misinformation? 

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
pious1

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 05:30:48 PM »

Liza, thank you for your comments, the site is still a work in progress, and actually im not the webmaster, just a parisioner. However, I can verify that there were close to 400 people on Palm Sunday, it was unbelievable. If you look closely to the pictures there are 4 rows of pews, not just the 2 main ones. The choir holds pews as well and there were an additional 40-50 people in in the choir balcony as well as the 25- 30 in the choir. There were also many people standing at the back of the church. The unfortunate part however, is that many of the people who came on Sunday were those that come 2-3 times a year, christmas, palm sunday, and easter. Many came I belive just for holy confession and communion. However it is better to attend liturgy 2-3 times a year than not at all. Also, a good portion of the people are newer immigrants from Ukraine as the Chicagoland area has had large number of arrivals the past ten years. Holy communion took almost an hour to complete due to so many people in line.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holyweek.
pious1

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 05:33:46 PM »

as for a better idea of church attendence that day, look at page 11 of 14
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: