OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 11:23:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dostoino Yest  (Read 3531 times) Average Rating: 0
PeaceSerenity

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« on: March 25, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »

Does anyone happen to have the words to Dostoino Yest in English phonetics that they could share with me? I was listening to a CD by Divna and it was so beautiful, I would love to have the words so I can sing along  Wink

Thanks in advance!
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 09:37:37 PM »

Dostojno est jako voistinu blazhiti tja Bogorodicu, prisnoblazhennuju i preneporochnuju i mater Boga nashego.
Chestnejshuju heruvim i slavnejshuju bez sravnenija serafim; Bez iztlenija Boga Slova rozhdshuju, sushtuju Bogorodicu tja velichaem.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake
PeaceSerenity

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:42:58 PM »

Thanks so much!!
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 09:45:13 PM »

Or, try this version:

Dostoyno yest yako voistinnu blazhiti tya Bogoroditsu, priznoblazhennuyu i prenyeporochnuyu i Mater Boga nashego. Chestneyshuyu Kheruvim, i slavnyeyshuyu bez sravneniya Serafim, bez istlyeniya Boga Slova rozhdshuyu, sushchuyu Bogoroditsu tya velichayem.
Heorhij
Merarches

Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 10:09:40 AM »

In vernacular Ukrainian:

"Dostojno je, i tse je istyna, slavyty Tebe, Bohorodytsyu, zavzhdy slavnu i preneporochnu, i matir Boha nashogo. Chesnishu vid kheruvymiv i nezrivnyanno slavnishu vid serafymiv, Ty, shcho bez istlinnya Boha Slovo porodyla, istynnu Bohorodytsyu, Tebe velychajemo. Pid Tvoju mylist' prybihajemo, Bohorodytse Divo, molytov nashyx u chas zhurby ne vidkyn', a z bidy vyzvoly nas, jedyna chysta j blahoslovenna. Preslavna Vsedivo, maty Khrysta Boha, prynesy molytvu nashu Synovi Tvoejemu i Bohu nashomu, shchob Vin spas zarady Tebe dushi nashi."

As a Ukrainian "nationalist," Smiley I say these words every morning and every evening (and sometimes during the day), and I can't say them in any other language with the same natural feeling.

Love never fails.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 10:15:20 AM »

I'm with you Heorhij!

To "us" it sounds best in Ukrainian....but, that would hold true to every single individual.  It sounds best to their ear, in the language they are accustomed to.  Usually the language their own mother spoke to them.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 10:27:21 AM »

I Googled the singer in question and it seems Divna is Serbian. I must admit that I have never lived where there is a Serbian Orthodox Church and am thus unaware of the standard Serbian pronunciations of Church Slavonic. Perhaps one of our Serbian friends could provide the proper phonetic pronunciation for the CD in question as the using the 'wrong' (please take no offense - I am using the word 'wrong' in a contextual sense only) pronunciation would make singing along difficult. We run into this problem with local PanOrthodox Choirs from time to time.
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Moderated
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 11:13:22 AM »

I Googled the singer in question and it seems Divna is Serbian. I must admit that I have never lived where there is a Serbian Orthodox Church and am thus unaware of the standard Serbian pronunciations of Church Slavonic. Perhaps one of our Serbian friends could provide the proper phonetic pronunciation for the CD in question as the using the 'wrong' (please take no offense - I am using the word 'wrong' in a contextual sense only) pronunciation would make singing along difficult. We run into this problem with local PanOrthodox Choirs from time to time.

Yes, there's a difference of Slavonic recensions, like the pronunciation of Hebrew by Jews around the world.

The usual Slavonic pronunciation in Russia Churches actually shows Ukrainian features (no devoicing of finals (e.g. b becoming p at the end of a word); no sluring of vowels, pronouncing of Г as "gh" or "h" and not "g" etc.). Serbia had its own recension of Slavonic, which it gave up during the national rebirth, adopting the Russian, but not adopting the Russian pronunciation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_Slavonic#Russian_Church_Slavonic

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
LBK
No Reporting Allowed
Warned
Toumarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 11:56:40 AM »

The usual Slavonic pronunciation in Russia Churches actually shows Ukrainian features (no devoicing of finals (e.g. b becoming p at the end of a word); no sluring of vowels, pronouncing of Г as "gh" or "h" and not "g" etc.).

I would disagree with this. Having regularly attended Russian churches for quite some years, and listened to Church Slavonic sung or read by Russians from all over that country, be they native speakers or descendants of emigrants, such recensions are not the norm. I also have numerous recordings of a large variety of Russian liturgical services, from the 1950s to the present day, and the only time I've heard Ukrainian pronunciations are by Ukrainian individuals, or choirs based in Ukraine.
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 03:07:40 PM »

Accents are just that, accents. Just like my friends in Jersey or Pittsburgh as opposed to our flat Great Lake patterns in upstate New York! The important thing is that we are singing and praying!
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 03:14:26 PM »

^  Amen!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:14:39 PM by LizaSymonenko » Logged

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Simone

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic Church in Poland

Блаженний Священомучениче Теодоре,моли Бога о нас!

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 07:12:36 AM »

In vernacular Ukrainian:

"Dostojno je, i tse je istyna, slavyty Tebe, Bohorodytsyu, zavzhdy slavnu i preneporochnu, i matir Boha nashogo. Chesnishu vid kheruvymiv i nezrivnyanno slavnishu vid serafymiv, Ty, shcho bez istlinnya Boha Slovo porodyla, istynnu Bohorodytsyu, Tebe velychajemo.

There is also an another Ukrainian version (translated by the Servant of God, archbishop Josyf Slipyj), used in the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. It is more similar to the Church Slavonic version.

Dostojno je voistynu * welychaty blazhennoju Tebe, Bohorodycju, * prysnoblazhennu i preneporochnu * i Matir Boha nashoho. * Chesnishu vid Xeruvymiv * i nezrivnianno slavnishu vid Serafymiv * shcho bez zotlinnia Boha Slovo porodyla, * sushchu Bohorodycu, Tebe welychajemo.

Using Ukrainian Cyrillic:

Достойно є воістину * величати блаженною Тебе, Богородицю, * присноблаженну, і лренепорочну, * і Матір Бога нашого. * Чеснішу від херувимів * і незрівнянно славніиіу від серафимів, * що без зотління Бога Слово породила, * сущу Богородицю, Тебе величаємо.
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 09:08:24 AM »

In serbian.... Dostojno jest.... she sings it on u-tub if i remember correctly........... here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7wKelfaifQ

In This link she sing quite a lot of different hymns...http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=divna+ljubojevic&suggested_categories=10&page=1

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: