OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 12:26:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving  (Read 646 times) Average Rating: 0
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« on: March 25, 2010, 02:01:36 AM »

Well, looks like my time in the frozen northern wastes has come to an end.  I will be moving to Georgia in the morning.  I've really got no idea what idea what I will be doing when I get there, but I feel it's finally time to patch some things up with my family, and the location will be the more central to doing that (we've spread out in the last ten years).

So I ask your support in prayers for safety while traveling and guidance when I reach my destination.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 05:34:00 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 08:53:35 AM »

Lord have mercy.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 09:00:22 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

When I just came to the USA from Kiev, Ukraine, as a young postdoc (1990), my family and I settled on the West Coast; we lived in Los Angeles area and then in Seattle (till 1998). When I got my faculty appointment in late 1998, and it happened to be in Mississippi, in a small university town with pop. ~22,000, people said that I won't make it there because it's Deep South and it is so different, both from Kiev (a 2.5 million city) and from the liberal, tolerant, cosmopolitan urban West Coast. But I see now that they were exaggerating things. We survived here and, moreover, there are certain things about the South that we like.

Love never fails.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 10:09:27 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 10:41:32 AM »

Lord, have mercy. Is there an Orthodox temple where you're moving?
jnorm888
Jnorm
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Icon and Cross (international space station)

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 11:45:42 AM »

Lord have mercy!

ICXC NIKA

"loving one's enemies does not mean loving wickedness, ungodliness, adultery, or theft. Rather, it means loving the theif, the ungodly, and the adulterer." Clement of Alexandria 195 A.D.

http://ancientchristiandefender.blogspot.com/
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 12:40:39 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
EofK
Mrs. Y
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

lolcat addict

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 05:14:05 PM »

Lord, have mercy and may he bless your work reconciling with your family.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -- Douglas Adams
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 08:48:14 PM »

Well, I've made it in safe and sound.  There was a layover in Kentucky to visit some of my cousins, but here I am in Canton, GA.  Thank you for your prayers.

Lord, have mercy. Is there an Orthodox temple where you're moving?

Yes, there's two within a thirty minute drive.  My youngest brother started attending one around the same time I started going up in Chicago.  One of the big draws to this particular location as opposed to Tennessee, Virginia, Florida, or Mississippi (other places you can find one of us) is that it would be really nice to attend church with family again. 

Lord, have mercy and may he bless your work reconciling with your family.

Thanks.  It's been a fun past couple of days reconnecting with family members I haven't seen in over fourteen years.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: