OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 02, 2014, 04:44:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Messianic Judaism and the Orthodox Church's Teaching on the Jews  (Read 7302 times) Average Rating: 0
Michael_Gerard

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2010, 08:17:32 PM »

And WRT Messiah completing and fulfilling all the Torah, are you sure about that? If He did then what's the point of Him returning? If He did make the Torah null and void then on what basis will He judge the living and the dead at His Second Coming? He did not fulfill all the Torah yet that's why He said this:

Matthew 5:17-18 Do not think that I have come to change the law or the prophets. I have not come to change, but to fulfill [them]. For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or one stroke will pass from the law until everything happens.

Heaven and earth are yet to pass and things like the Resurrection are yet to happen.

This is why I don't understand why the Orthodox Church has dropped the Feasts of YHWH...
You quoted the passage that says that not a jot or stroke would pass from the Law (The Torah) until everything happens, and I would tend to agree that there are still things (like the second coming, the judgment, and the resurrection of the body) that are yet to happen (i'd even agree that Trumpets and Tabernacles seem to point to some of these things), but wouldn't you agree that The Torah was only given to Israel?

One thing the Jerusalem Council seems to make clear is that Gentiles (like myself) are under no obligation to be circumcised, observe Jewish Feasts, or keep kosher.

Galatians seems to make it equally clear that it's heresy for any believer (Jew or Gentile) to try to earn salvation by doing such things.

What I don't understand is why the Church would forbid Jewish belivers from circumcising their children, observing their holidays, and keepng Kosher (when the book of Acts says that Paul was falsely accused of teaching them to do this--Acts 21:20-25.)
Tags: Messianic Judaism 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: