Author Topic: At the end of it all  (Read 983 times)

Offline anna76

At the end of it all
« on: March 22, 2010, 04:26:37 PM »
I have been dating a christian (he is great believer) for the past 4 years. We have postponed the wedding for 3 times and are meant to get married this year. The problems that I am having is that f(irstly we use to be together all the time and love each other company-now we hardly see each other. I live one street away and he lives with his family. We are both in our early 30s but we are not getting along well. We even had confession and we go to church and we have spoken to our spiritual father but everything seems to go wrong. Certain family members get involved in our relationship aswell. I am not happy with him at all and even yesterday when I said lets break up he smiled. He doesnt want to leave home and do things with me and I struggle like a single person. I cant do this anymore-I struggle just to pay the rent every week-and his family dont even talk to me-and I cant even come in his house-and if he does come to my past his family get him after 1 hour.
I need to move on and this mornning I woke up feeling sick.
What do I do? I really at the end of it all love this guy (with a love from god) but is it enough?

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Re: At the end of it all
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 04:31:21 PM »
Do you want advice or prayer?  If advice is what you want, I would feel more comfortable moving this out of the Prayer Forum.
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline anna76

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 04:39:05 PM »
Do you want advice or prayer?  If advice is what you want, I would feel more comfortable moving this out of the Prayer Forum.

hi its up to u sorry plse post whatever section u feel is more better-probably advice i need

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 04:41:50 PM »
anna76, both you and your fiance need to ask yourselves: Can I see myself wanting to spend the rest of my life with this man/woman? And, if the answer is anything but a strong and unwavering YES from both of you, then don't get married. You can still love him as a friend, but marriage means a lifetime together, warts and all.

As for the hold his family seems to have on your fiance, and his reluctance to leave home, this doesn't seem to be a good sign of a man who's mature enough to be married.
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline anna76

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 06:12:14 PM »
anna76, both you and your fiance need to ask yourselves: Can I see myself wanting to spend the rest of my life with this man/woman? And, if the answer is anything but a strong and unwavering YES from both of you, then don't get married. You can still love him as a friend, but marriage means a lifetime together, warts and all.

As for the hold his family seems to have on your fiance, and his reluctance to leave home, this doesn't seem to be a good sign of a man who's mature enough to be married.

yes thanks for this advice. Well i woke up this morning and sensed him thinking about me- yes it was a strong sense....there is so much more to us than i can write in one forum...a whole history and we both have done right and wrong thangs in the relationship.
I am trying now to concerate on myself and do things for my future.,
thanks for your advice
at the end of the day i suppose all i can do is give everything and try ...

Offline sainthieu

• Abstractor of the Quintessence
  • High Elder
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 11:32:41 PM »
Anna: I believe the answer to most questions is to be found in the question itself.