OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 12:23:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Works of Ss. Athanasius and Justin Martyr  (Read 627 times) Average Rating: 0
GregoryLA
Elder

Faith: Moving toward Eastern Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Western Japan

« on: March 23, 2010, 10:01:52 PM »

I have the Popular Patristics copy of On the Incarnation but I'd like to get St. Athanasius's Ahainst the Heathen as well as as much else as possible. I'd also like the works of St. Justin. I'm aware that these are available on line but aren't the translations a bit archaic? Does anybody have recommendations as to where to find these in purchasable form?
pensateomnia
Bibliophylax
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian

metron ariston

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 10:15:33 PM »

Nothing wrong with the translations online. If you want academic notes and a more critical translation, then look for E. P. Meijering's edition. You can read good chunks of it here:

http://books.google.com/books?id=B8sUAAAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Contra+gentes+/+Athanasius+%3B+introduction,+translation+and+commentary+by+E.P.+Meijering.&source=bl&ots=gzJA6n3qxu&sig=DQlUarB25w-6zQyMLutgLtLTGBo&hl=en&ei=o3SpS__hDcb_lgek9Kz2BA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CAYQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=&f=false

But for I am a man not textueel I wol noght telle of textes neuer a deel. (Chaucer, The Manciple's Tale, 1.131)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: