OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 19, 2014, 04:08:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please say a prayer for my friend  (Read 502 times) Average Rating: 0
Lauren_Elisse
Elder

Faith: Antiochian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: United States

« on: March 28, 2010, 05:13:26 AM »

I'm sorry but I have a friend that comes over to my house and eats all of my food, wears my clothes, steals my things, damages my things, she comes over and whines for hours on end over some guy that doesn't even matter and leaves no room for me to talk when I am crying and she clearly sees it.
I hate to say this, but she is really angering me right now because she is being so annoying and I have to pu up with I everyday stinking day and I am really sick of it.
Gaahhhhhhhh she's talking again about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profanity removed from post and replaced with something more acceptable  -PtA
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 12:10:12 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged

Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
yochanan
Arch-laity of the Room of Supreme Awesomeness

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: OMHKSEA (Philippines)

O majestic aurora, how seeming did He fashion you!

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 06:48:00 AM »

I'm sorry but I have a friend that comes over to my house and eats all of my food, wears my clothes, steals my things, damages my things, she comes over and whines for hours on end over some guy that doesn't even matter and leaves no room for me to talk when I am crying and she clearly sees it.
I hate to say this, but she is really pissing me off right now because she is being so annoying and I have to pu up with I everyday stinking day and I am really sick of it.
Gaahhhhhhhh she's talking again about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm.. Hi Lauren_Elisse Smiley

I have seen lot of your posts and you seem to have a lot of problems. I hope God helps you with these challenges in life. But we should never moan about these things. If ever you have a problem -- think: the Martyrs have had a greater problem but they never complained -- you are far way more fortunate than the beggars in the streets, you should be thankful! Shift your thoughts to the good -- read the epistle of the day (Palm Sunday Epistle: Phil. 4: 4-9). Hope it inspires you.

BTW. I have a lot of things to be sad about too. I mean.. most of my acquaintances at our university make fun of me, and they think lowly of me. They don't really listen to me most of the time and just laugh every time I talk. But certainly, I feel like I'm one of the luckiest persons in the world! My father allowed me to shift to a course I love and bought me a new (and expensive) laptop! I think these things are a matter of perspective. Smiley

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
(Phil. 4: 4-9)

I think this would be the perfect phrase for every bad day Smiley

"It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us..." (Acts 15: 28)
Heorhij
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA, for now, but my heart belongs to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 08:48:06 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Love never fails.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 04:23:11 PM »

Lord have Mercy.
Rufus
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA

Nafpliotis with sunglasses and a cigar.

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 10:24:44 PM »

Yes, we must always look t our own faults first, and never complain, but if someone is causing us grief, we should gently and privately have a word with them. btw I'm not pretending that I'm some kind of saint who always does this Wink
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 12:08:52 AM »

The Prayer Forum does not exist as a place for this kind of gossipy whining, so this thread is locked.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 12:10:55 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: