OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 02, 2014, 05:52:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nassar's Divine Prayer and Services  (Read 788 times) Average Rating: 0
maximos333

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox

« on: March 22, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »

Anyone have any knowledge of this book? I heard it called the 5 pounder so it must be thick and heavy!
Other than that I know nothing about it except it is expensive.

thanks

maximos

This user no longer posts on this forum.
genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:14:27 PM »

I have one of these. It's a common reference book for the Antiochians (others may use it, I just don't know). I bought it about a year ago, though I don't remember from which bookseller. I seem to remember that I paid about $25 for it. It's chunky in shape, so looks heavier than it actually is - nowhere near five pounds, though like you that is exactly what I've heard it called. My little mission parish has very little in the way of liturgical resources. This is a fairly efficient way of checking for many items, though it is far from complete and not always user-friendly. But I have learned to find my way around it reasonably well. There are occasional explanations for why and how some things are done that I find useful as I have no formal training. I'm a layman leading the chanting in our services, so I do a fair amount of helping our priest organize our services. I'll check resources I've collected from here and there over the last few years and make suggestions to our priest for what we (the chanters) might be able to do, and verify that services are put together as properly as we can with available resources. Of course, my priest has the final say in all these matters.

So, anyway, I find the book useful in my situation, though I'm looking forward to the time when the parish can afford to purchase more complete books.
maximos333

Jurisdiction: Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 07:17:26 PM »

Thank You Genesisone!

maximos

This user no longer posts on this forum.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: