OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 04:42:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hobbit filming to begin in New Zealand in July  (Read 2136 times) Average Rating: 0
GregoryLA
Elder

Faith: Moving toward Eastern Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: Western Japan

« on: March 18, 2010, 11:02:35 PM »

Awesome! Grin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8573948.stm
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 06:51:59 PM »

I can't wait.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 08:38:06 PM »

Those poor hobbits. The horrible things those movie people do. Last time they forced the hobbits to climb a volcano. What's next, shooting them into space? This is just the sort of degenerate smut that comes from Hollywood. I'm going to start protesting the poor treatment of hobbits. Maybe that Hermione Granger would know how to organize such a group. I'll try to find her contact information.

I can't tell the difference between reality and fiction.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
admiralnick
Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 09:14:06 PM »

When my wife and I were on our honeymoon in Oct. 08 we were watching the scouting crews looking over the location they will be filming from.

-Nick

The ORIGINAL: "NULL"
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 05:12:40 PM »

I see that Guillermo del Toro just announced that he will NOT direct The Hobbit.  Evidently, the filming project was extended to six years after he had hired on with the understanding that it would only take three, and he doesn't want the extended commitment to conflict with his other professional goals.

Read more about his decision here:  http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/31/guillermo.del.toro.drops.out.ew/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 06:00:42 PM »

I got the news about this from TheOneRing.net  http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/05/30/36920-guillermo-del-toro-departs-the-hobbit/

TORN is a good site for information on the movies and what is going on with WETA Workshop, Peter Jackson and such.

Ebor

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 06:12:01 PM »

Looking forward to it's release...wonder what is the nxt in line after the Hobbit ?

The  Silmarillion ?

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 06:14:33 PM »

I don't know that that would ever be attempted.  Some things in it, I think, wouldn't translate well to film, though I am very fond of the image of creation being sung into existence

Oh, just for fun, another article via TORN:  http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/05/28/36868-top-10-ways-to-make-the-hobbit-movie-like-avatar/#more-36868

Wink
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 06:15:17 PM by Ebor » Logged

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 06:18:17 PM »

That's a shame, but at least some of Guillermo's magic will be there. On the plus side, perhaps this moves him closer to making At the Mountains of Madness, for which I think he is the perfect director.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 08:14:13 PM »

Hobbits are contrary creatures and we have had to send out possum hunters to round them up for extras for the film.   They're not happy about this and have to be pacified with copious amounts of scrumpie.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 08:14:39 PM by Irish Hermit » Logged
Cymbyz
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 08:26:52 PM »

Scrumpie?  I thought they were mad for mushrooms!

The end of the world
is as near as the day of your death;
watch and pray.

Yahoo! & WLM ID: Owen
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 08:35:18 PM »

Scrumpie?  I thought they were mad for mushrooms!

Yes, mushrooms is their favourite food and scrumpie is their favourite drink.  Lately they have taken to raiding the commerical mushroom growing sheds run by humans and can munch their way through a shed or two in a night.   

Mushroom farmers are employing possum hunters to shoot them when they sneak up on the sheds.   

This has shocked the Liberals who have suggested 1) running a programme to cull 20% of the hobbits or 2) teaching them to grow their own mushrooms.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 08:47:47 PM »

That's a shame, but at least some of Guillermo's magic will be there. On the plus side, perhaps this moves him closer to making At the Mountains of Madness, for which I think he is the perfect director.
I am eagerly looking forward to At the Mountains of Madness. I know there's been some talk about it, but I don't know if there are any concrete plans yet.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 08:58:26 PM »

I am eagerly looking forward to At the Mountains of Madness. I know there's been some talk about it, but I don't know if there are any concrete plans yet.

In interviews I've read, Del Toro has basically framed his near-future projects as preparation for At the Mountains of Madness... essentially they will allow him to develop his skills and technology and get the finances to make At the Mountains of Madness as good as it can be. I also look forward to his Frankenstein which he says will be a "faithful Miltonian tragedy."

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 09:00:38 PM »

In interviews I've read, Del Toro has basically framed his near-future projects as preparation for At the Mountains of Madness... essentially they will allow him to develop his skills and technology and get the finances to make At the Mountains of Madness as good as it can be. I also look forward to his Frankenstein which he says will be a "faithful Miltonian tragedy."
Excellent news. I am consistently impressed by Del Toro's work.

PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 09:10:29 PM »

Scrumpie?  I thought they were mad for mushrooms!

Yes, mushrooms is their favourite food and scrumpie is their favourite drink.  Lately they have taken to raiding the commerical mushroom growing sheds run by humans and can munch their way through a shed or two in a night.  

Mushroom farmers are employing possum hunters to shoot them when they sneak up on the sheds.  

This has shocked the Liberals who have suggested 1) running a programme to cull 20% of the hobbits or 2) teaching them to grow their own mushrooms.
Or 3)  Pacify 'em with some pipe weed.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:10:41 PM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
Irish Hermit
Kibernetski Kaludjer
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 09:11:28 PM »

Last updated 31/05/2010

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/3758073/Hobbit-director-Del-Toro-quits

Guillermo Del Toro has quit as director of the two The Hobbit movies, but will still help write the screenplays for the Lord of the Rings prequels.

"In light of ongoing delays in the setting of a start date for filming The Hobbit I am faced with the hardest decision of my life," the Mexican filmmaker said in a press release.

"After nearly two years of living, breathing and designing a world as rich as Tolkien's Middle Earth, I must, with great regret, take leave from helming these wonderful pictures."

Del Toro and producer Sir Peter Jackson said they remained committed to the films and would do everything they could to satisfy fans.

Del Toro said he would be first in line to see the finished films.

"I've been privileged to work in one of the greatest countries on earth with some of the best people ever in our craft and my life will be forever changed.

More at the link above
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 10:20:08 PM »

^ Bad news indeed, ... nutzzzz... salute, it's Chopin time (justa wee bit )

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: