Author Topic: The Lady of Pompeii  (Read 102 times)

Offline Skydive

• High Elder
The Lady of Pompeii
« on: May 25, 2015, 08:09:54 AM »
What can you tell me about "Our Lady of Pompeii" and the 54 Day Rosary Novena Prayers ? I have a catholic friend who all of the sudden became very devoted to his religion and this practice and has also recommended it to me. He says he has intense feelings during this and that it is very strong.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:11:10 AM by Skydive »
Don't use your signature to complain about moderation.  -PtA

"I will not attack your doctrines nor your creeds if they accord liberty to me. If they hold thought to be dangerous - if they aver that doubt is a crime, then I attack them one and all, because they enslave the minds of men."

Robert Green Ingersoll

Offline wgw

• Amateur Liturgical Enthusiast
  • Archon
  • The above Syriac icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Re: The Lady of Pompeii
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 05:43:22 PM »
I can tell you from a classically Orthodox PoV everything you just described sounds a little fishy.  I have not heard of this devotion but I'll look into it.  But I urge you to stick to the Jesus Prayer, your prayer book, and the advice of your father confessor above all.
Antisemitism, racism and prejudicial nationalism should have no place in Orthodoxy.  For to paraphrase  St. Paul, there is neither Jew nor Greek, neither male nor female, slave or freeman, in the Christian Church.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Off to see the wizard!
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
Re: The Lady of Pompeii
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 12:28:42 PM »
http://www.theholyrosary.org/rosarynovena

(Caution: Wonky layout and annoying music.)
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox