Author Topic: I don't know if what I'm doing is right or not  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Lauren_Elisse

• Elder
I don't know if what I'm doing is right or not
« on: March 15, 2010, 01:35:39 AM »
My boyfriend and I are in this huge fight.
And I'm sadly losing hope.
I'm so ready to call it quits with men for the rest of my life because it seems like every guy I know plays games with my head and always finds a way to ruin my life.
He and I are in this huge fight, and even spiritually I feel lost.
So in place of feeling sorry for myself I views the prayer forums and I pray for those people who are having harder times then me.
I'm doing this as my self consultation and as hope for these people.
I don't really know what to do, but I'm seeking God and his comfort, i know that's right, but I think I am going to call it quits with my boyfriend because he is pinning all of them blame on me, I heard he was cheating on me and I called and asked, he's mad at me for asking.
I can't stand the feeling of being lonely "love wise" and it's really hard to find another because I'm not even in college for another year and my town is so small, there's only a handful of good guys and I've gone through majority of them, sad news? All of them are friends so this is my last chance of having a highscool relationship.
I'm sorry, this is a scrambled post
I'm really just like flushing this out of me in the spur of the moment
Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Offline Tikhon.of.Colorado

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
Re: I don't know if what I'm doing is right or not
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 01:51:26 AM »
you will have MANY loves in life, aswell as many break-ups.  if he truly makes you that miserable, just call it quits and find another guy that interests you.  in high school, relationships can be nice, and sometimes they can be DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA! 

you could consider doing what I do (I'm also in high school).  just put relationships on the backburner for now, consentrate on your studies.  it's not at all lonely.

besides, your post sounds like you will never have another relationship outside of high school.  you will!  gratuating high school is not the end of your life!  quite the opposite!  don't think of it as a deadline to find a relationship, think of it as a starting point where you will begin an adventure and move to another college town with exciting new people.

in these situations, it really helps to look at the cup half full.

you are in my prayers.

Offline Quinault

• Did you drink water today?
  • Protokentarchos
  • What about frogs? I like frogs!
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 03:16:43 AM »
High school relationships are overrated and rather unimportant in my experience. Break up if you can't see the issue being resolved. It is better to break up before you think you are "stuck" in a relationship because you have invested so much time in it. All you need is one good man to come along. Right now as a teen life is confusing enough without trying to fix a relationship. Focus on school and on your faith, everything else doesn't matter.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 03:28:19 AM »
Christ is the only true love. He is faithful to us, even though we are unfaithful to Him. Seek Him first and only, and then you will realize that His grace is sufficient.

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline katherineofdixie

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 10:47:06 AM »
I'm so ready to call it quits with men for the rest of my life because it seems like every guy I know plays games with my head and always finds a way to ruin my life.

...I can't stand the feeling of being lonely "love wise"

Maybe since things are not going well at the moment, it would be useful to take a time-out and perhaps figure out why things don't go well. Not saying that you're at fault or anything, but generally speaking it takes two - whether to succeed in a relationship or to mess it up.
Also not being able to stand "the feeling of being alone" could bear some thought, since that kind of neediness could lead to serious trouble later on.
Although I barely remember high school - all that drama! - I shudder at the thought of being married to the guy in high school that I thought I couldn't live without!
"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom