OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 21, 2014, 08:10:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patriarch Kirill's watch:  (Read 7809 times) Average Rating: 0
GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2010, 06:57:14 PM »

Two quick points;

1.  This watch was more than likely a gift, but this kind of opulence is a little troubling.  Not that Rafa's peeps are any more humble or whatever...

2.  Who else thinks it's odd that the Patriarch even needs a watch in the first place?  
Why should we even be concerned about this?
Why should we not be concerned?
Simple.  You see how the meddling in business not our own has caused so many of us to be judgmental of the Patriarch?  How does that benefit our salvation, especially during this time of the Fast?
But what business is it of yours if I want to question something not having to do with you?  At any rate, I'm not judging the Patriarch, nor am I responsible for those who do.  In addition, I'm not responsible for your salvation.  If you have troubles with what you read here, you can be a big boy and 1. Ignore it and move on or 2. Not visit the forum anymore.  That's simple.

And who am I to ask you why this or that bothers you?
Simple.  By submitting a post to a public Internet discussion board, you automatically open your thoughts up to scrutiny.
And there's your answer for me questioning why the Patriarch needs a watch.  1. He's an important figure for the Russian people as well as the Shepherd of many souls.  By his being in the public eye, I get to question what he does.  2. All y'all get to question Metropolitan +HERMAN for his actions and behaviors.  And rightly so.  I believe it's called accountability.  I don't see any difference.  And again, I don't judge the Patriarch for having a watch; I just wondered out loud why he'd need one.  3. This is, as you stated, a public Internet discussion board.  This means we get to ask all kinds of questions.  Got it now?  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:00:41 PM by GabrieltheCelt » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

"Yes, you are a white supremacist, ..."  ~Iconodule
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian

EXTERMINATE!

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2010, 07:12:12 PM »

Two quick points;

1.  This watch was more than likely a gift, but this kind of opulence is a little troubling.  Not that Rafa's peeps are any more humble or whatever...

2.  Who else thinks it's odd that the Patriarch even needs a watch in the first place?  
Simple.  You see how the meddling in business not our own has caused so many of us to be judgmental of the Patriarch?  How does that benefit our salvation, especially during this time of the Fast?
But what business is it of yours if I want to question something not having to do with you?  At any rate, I'm not judging the Patriarch, nor am I responsible for those who do.  In addition, I'm not responsible for your salvation.  If you have troubles with what you read here, you can be a big boy and 1. Ignore it and move on or 2. Not visit the forum anymore.  That's simple.

Simple.  By submitting a post to a public Internet discussion board, you automatically open your thoughts up to scrutiny.
And there's your answer for me questioning why the Patriarch needs a watch.  1. He's an important figure for the Russian people as well as the Shepherd of many souls.  By his being in the public eye, I get to question what he does.  2. All y'all get to question Metropolitan +HERMAN for his actions and behaviors.  And rightly so.  I believe it's called accountability.  I don't see any difference.  And again, I don't judge the Patriarch for having a watch; I just wondered out loud why he'd need one.  3. This is, as you stated, a public Internet discussion board.  This means we get to ask all kinds of questions.  Got it now?  
Give it up, Gabriel.  Take several deep breaths, or take a long walk around the block, or something.  I'm not going to argue with you when you're angry.
GabrieltheCelt
Son of a Preacher man
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2010, 07:25:31 PM »

Two quick points;

1.  This watch was more than likely a gift, but this kind of opulence is a little troubling.  Not that Rafa's peeps are any more humble or whatever...

2.  Who else thinks it's odd that the Patriarch even needs a watch in the first place? 
Simple.  You see how the meddling in business not our own has caused so many of us to be judgmental of the Patriarch?  How does that benefit our salvation, especially during this time of the Fast?
But what business is it of yours if I want to question something not having to do with you?  At any rate, I'm not judging the Patriarch, nor am I responsible for those who do.  In addition, I'm not responsible for your salvation.  If you have troubles with what you read here, you can be a big boy and 1. Ignore it and move on or 2. Not visit the forum anymore.  That's simple.

Simple.  By submitting a post to a public Internet discussion board, you automatically open your thoughts up to scrutiny.
And there's your answer for me questioning why the Patriarch needs a watch.  1. He's an important figure for the Russian people as well as the Shepherd of many souls.  By his being in the public eye, I get to question what he does.  2. All y'all get to question Metropolitan +HERMAN for his actions and behaviors.  And rightly so.  I believe it's called accountability.  I don't see any difference.  And again, I don't judge the Patriarch for having a watch; I just wondered out loud why he'd need one.  3. This is, as you stated, a public Internet discussion board.  This means we get to ask all kinds of questions.  Got it now? 
Give it up, Gabriel.  Take several deep breaths, or take a long walk around the block, or something.  I'm not going to argue with you when you're angry.
Give what up?  I'm sure you thought you were asking one of your 'challenging' questions that you have a 'penchant' for asking, but in reality, it was a stupid question.  Sorry to burst your journalistic bubble.  And, btw, I'm nowhere near being angry... yet.  But I'm sure if you continue insulting me by giving me unsolicited advice as to how to deal with a non-existent problem, I'm bound to get a little frustrated.  Kinda like if I gave you unsolicited advice the rest of the post has been removed. - Fr. George, Global Moderator
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:04:14 AM by Fr. George » Logged

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

"Yes, you are a white supremacist, ..."  ~Iconodule
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2010, 08:03:42 PM »

Thread locked.

Check out my personal website with 130+ articles: www.anastasioshudson.com

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching.

I served as an Orthodox priest from June 2008 to April 2013, before resigning for personal reasons
Tags: Patriarch Kirill 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: