OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 27, 2014, 09:00:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Unusual Visitor to Antiochian Village  (Read 1284 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Moderated
Stratopedarches

« on: March 14, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »

On March 3, 2010, an unexpected and out of the ordinary visitor arrived at the edge of the Antiochian Village property. A small black bear was sighted in a tree. A Game Comissioner was called in. He sedated the bear and gave it a mask to protect its eyes and mouth while being moved.

The Game Comissioner confirmed that this is out of the ordinary. After examination, it is clear that this young bear is ill and thin. He came out of hibernation early, and finding no food, he tried to locate some in the neighbor's garbage.

The Game Commission assured Mother Alexandra that sleeping beauty will be medicated, fed, and released somewhere good for bears.
source
ms.hoorah
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 05:54:30 PM »

Bears will continue to increase in number at Antiochian Village because the resorts south of them are trapping all of their bears, driving them up the highway, and dumping them out.   How do I know this?  While buying coffee in Sheetz, this guy asked if I wanted to see a 300 lb black bear in the back of his truck. He explained that he contracts with Nemacolin Woodlands and Seven Springs Resort to trap their bears.  (Apparently golfers don’t like bears with them on the golf course.)  After trapping them, he drives them north and releases them.   Shocked
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 10:24:50 PM »

Our Metropolis clergy were having a retreat at AV when this happened.  Fortunately, or unfortunately, we didn't see/interact with the bear.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 10:36:49 PM »

After examination, it is clear that this young bear is ill and thin. He came out of hibernation early, and finding no food, he tried to locate some in the neighbor's garbage.
Poor little creature! He must be Orthodox- it looks like its been a rough Lent for him.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
alexp4uni
Site Supporter
Elder

Faith: kinda practicing theist
Jurisdiction: ecumenical kind

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 10:37:58 PM »

Will this be the site for the future monastery for this jurisdiction? I mean near Antiochian village?
Andrew21091
OC.net guru

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 10:55:17 PM »

Will this be the site for the future monastery for this jurisdiction? I mean near Antiochian village?

Yeah, the monastery will be at the Village.
arimethea
Getting too old for this
Section Moderator
Archon

Faith: Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Antioch

Does anyone really care what you think?

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 01:15:18 AM »

More breaking news, a mouse was in my house but it did not survive.

Joseph
Tags: animals 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: