OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 08:14:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Needing Mothers Input :D  (Read 563 times) Average Rating: 0
Lauren_Elisse
Elder

Faith: Antiochian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: United States

« on: March 12, 2010, 11:16:18 PM »

So, I'm still a teenager, but not for much longer.
I'm not sexually active haha thought I'd let you know first so that you don't become confused with me and the question.
I don't plan to be a mother for a while.
But I have been thinking about when I will be, and something came up.
Other than that WONDERFUL idea of the birthing process, what happens to the mom when she sees her baby?
Does she love it by nature right away?
I'm deeply afraid that I wont love my child when I decide it's time for me to have one.

Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 12:12:15 AM »

Some women bond immediately, others do not. Motherhood is an individual thing. We can't compare one person's experience of motherhood to another. The first few days/weeks are so exhausting that some women don't have a chance to bond. The better the relationship with the father/husband, the easier it is for the mother. The greatest gift any parent can give their children is a happy and in love set of parents.

All that said- I have fallen instantly in love with each child from the moment I gave birth. (I have 4) The moment I become pregnant I am in love really. Motherhood is the most humbling, yet empowering experiences I have ever been thru. I never thought I would ever want to be a mother. But here I am, mother to 4 and I really want to adopt 3 more and give birth to a couple more too.
Tamara
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Diocese of America

+Pray for Orthodox Unity+

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 01:31:52 AM »

I agree with Quinault. Each woman is different. But you may finding yourself falling in love with your baby
while he/she is still in your womb. The first flutterings you feel of the baby moving within you will take you by surprise. In time, you will sense when the baby is asleep and still and when it is active and moving around within. You may even see the sweep of a little foot or hand run down your side.
Then, when the baby is born, you will be overwhelmed when he/she arrive. Oxytocin (the bonding hormone) will kick in soon after you either breast feed or even if you pump out the milk. So try not to worry about what will come in the future. Trust God as much as you are able.
I have two children but wish I could have had more. They are both teenagers and I am still enjoying every moment I have with them.

* The first guy came a little early and had some problems initially (Jaundice, couple days in an incubator, feeding difficulties, later colic, hypersensitivity, sleeping for only two hours at time each night for 5 months!) But he and I still managed to bond even though I couldn't breast feed him and was completely exhausted. So even in difficult situations, bonding still can happen. And in spite of his initial temperamental difficulties, he has turned out to be a very relaxed, easy going guy, go figure?  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 01:45:40 AM by Tamara » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: