OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 07:44:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do I Record from my Computer to CD?  (Read 955 times) Average Rating: 0
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« on: March 10, 2010, 12:44:56 AM »

Can anyone give me detailed step by step instructions about how to record audio programs form my computer to CD? I would really like to record Orthodox audio sermons, chants, Liturgies, etc. from my computer on to CD's. I do have RealPlayer if that helps. Also, is there a way to record some of the programming I hear on Ancient Faith Radio?

OK, thank you. Smiley

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Super Apostolic Bros.
Is St. Andrew Luigi to St. Peter's Mario?

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 02:03:36 AM »

The old fashioned way is to convert your audio files to .WAV (last I checked Audacity was a good, free program that can do this). Problem is the length of the audio is really limited (60-90 min). You could make an MP3 CD but you'd have to make sure your player can play MP3 CD's.
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 02:56:48 AM »

CastRipper is a nice little, and simple programme for ripping pod-casts.

http://www.mini-stream.net/castripper/features/

When you run it for the first time, it will ask you about connection speeds.    If you are on broadband, just select the highest DSL option for both, and leave the timeout inputs at their default level. 
1)  Now, you should have a black rectangular window in your top left corner.
2)  Go to Ancient Faith Radio and right click on "Broadband (128k)" or "Broadband (64k)" depending if you want to record music or one of the talking programmes.
3)  Click "Copy Link Address" or something of that nature.
4)  In the CastRipper programme, click Load.
5)  In the text field, right click and then click paste.  An address should appear ending with .pls.  Click OK.
6)  When you are about ready to start downloading, click Start.
7)  Click browse, and select a destination where you want the files stored (a folder will automatically be created).
8)  Where it says "Create a new file", from the drop down box click "stream time".
9)  When you want to start downloading, click OK.  It will take a few seconds to connect, but you will know it is connected when it lists a stream title.
10)  This programme only downloads, it does not play the stream too.  You will have to listen to AFR however you used to.
11)  To stop, well, click stop.  :P
*)  Your files will be located in the destination you selected before, and be named via the stream title.  One thing to note though.  If you start recording after the specific song or programme has started, it will be found in the incomplete folder (along with in progress recordings), which is within the main folder.
**)  The programme saves the audio files as MP3s, so you should have to worry about space requirements.

CDBurnerXP is a great little programme from burning audio CDs, data CDs, etc.  Once installed, start it up, click Audio Disc, just drag and drop the music files into the queue, then click burn.  It will tell you how much space you have left on the disc and everything.

http://cdburnerxp.se/help/Intro/cdburnerxp

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 03:06:42 AM »

CastRipper is a nice little, and simple programme for ripping pod-casts.

http://www.mini-stream.net/castripper/features/

When you run it for the first time, it will ask you about connection speeds.    If you are on broadband, just select the highest DSL option for both, and leave the timeout inputs at their default level. 
1)  Now, you should have a black rectangular window in your top left corner.
2)  Go to Ancient Faith Radio and right click on "Broadband (128k)" or "Broadband (64k)" depending if you want to record music or one of the talking programmes.
3)  Click "Copy Link Address" or something of that nature.
4)  In the CastRipper programme, click Load.
5)  In the text field, right click and then click paste.  An address should appear ending with .pls.  Click OK.
6)  When you are about ready to start downloading, click Start.
7)  Click browse, and select a destination where you want the files stored (a folder will automatically be created).
Cool  Where it says "Create a new file", from the drop down box click "stream time".
9)  When you want to start downloading, click OK.  It will take a few seconds to connect, but you will know it is connected when it lists a stream title.
10)  This programme only downloads, it does not play the stream too.  You will have to listen to AFR however you used to.
11)  To stop, well, click stop.  Tongue
*)  Your files will be located in the destination you selected before, and be named via the stream title.  One thing to note though.  If you start recording after the specific song or programme has started, it will be found in the incomplete folder (along with in progress recordings), which is within the main folder.
**)  The programme saves the audio files as MP3s, so you should have to worry about space requirements.

CDBurnerXP is a great little programme from burning audio CDs, data CDs, etc.  Once installed, start it up, click Audio Disc, just drag and drop the music files into the queue, then click burn.  It will tell you how much space you have left on the disc and everything.

http://cdburnerxp.se/help/Intro/cdburnerxp

Hey, thanks alot. I'll try to tackle all that soon. It seems intimidating; but your instructions seem specific, so I should be able to figure it out.

Thanks again. Smiley

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Entscheidungsproblem
Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
Protokentarchos

Faith: Machine God

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 03:09:01 AM »

Hey, thanks alot. I'll try to tackle all that soon. It seems intimidating; but your instructions seem specific, so I should be able to figure it out.

Thanks again. Smiley

Selam

Any time.  Once you have the progamme open in front of you, I'm sure it will be no problem.  The interface is very minimalistic.

As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS
genesisone
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 11:04:30 AM »

I use iTunes myself in order to transfer files to my iPod. I have found it very user friendly for downloading podcasts, transferring CDs onto my computer, and then putting any of these onto my iPod or if I choose onto a CD. The podcasts you hear on AFR are easily recorded (once you become somewhat familiar with the software), but with the music there are copyright issues so even if there's a way to do that, it's not likely legal.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: