OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 18, 2014, 06:36:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please pray for my best friend...she is so naive  (Read 708 times) Average Rating: 0
anna76

Faith: GREEK ORTHODOX
Jurisdiction: GREEK ORTHODOX

« on: March 09, 2010, 04:50:59 PM »

Can everyone please pray for my best friend. She can be so naive. She reckons this guy she met because he said he wants to get married that he is for her-this girl i have known for so many years and i am trying 2 get her to learn her own faith ( being orthodox)>
WHAT DO I DO?
As soon as a guy comes to her she is so naive and gets into a relationship and settles for second best seriously its frustrating me.
This guy is lebasian and i can already sense he is going to be playing her hardcore.
Can people please pray that she meets the right one-
Lauren_Elisse
Elder

Faith: Antiochian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: United States

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:36:49 PM »

Lord have mercy.
I remember when I thought that I met "The One".
And "The one" did play me hardcore, Thank God that he made it so that I never slept with him and I moved when things were getting uglier.
I hope that he shows the same mercy on your friend as he did me and removes her before anything scary happens.
As I have noticed in my life and have been told, if she waits and prays God will remove the bad people and replace them with new ones.
Lord have Mercy
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:41:12 PM by Lauren_Elisse » Logged

Psalms 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Paisius
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Wherever the wind blows......

Scheherazade

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 11:49:38 PM »

WHAT DO I DO?

You can pray for her. You can't control how another person thinks or behaves. No amount of pleading or frustration on your part will change that.

Lord have mercy.

Alveus Lacuna
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 12:01:15 AM »

Be careful not to assume that you know what's best for your friend, and even if you do, some would consider accusing a person of naivety to be judgmental.  It would sort of be like if I started a thread titled "Please pray for my clueless wife..."
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: