Author Topic: need to rethink this post  (Read 336 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
need to rethink this post
« on: September 22, 2016, 03:54:44 AM »
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:06:47 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re:need to rethink this post
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 03:56:00 AM »
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:12:17 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
Re: need to rethink this post
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 11:15:01 AM »
This drives me crazy.
Please don't project meta-debates onto me.

The erection of one’s rod counts as a form of glory (Theophylaktos of Ohrid, A Defense of Eunuchs, p. 329).

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 03:24:14 AM »
I edited it out because I thought how shall one be consoled if his father died and was an apostate from orthodoxy it being too late to reach him. But the truth is everyone who is of God has to choose the love of God above all whether one is saved or not saved and we trust in God's justice. Some people have to leave their parents who are of another religion to follow Christ even their dead parents. So we have to leave a apostate trusting in God. Having a apostate parent can be better or worse for a christian. Better because you may still be able to live with them in peace but worse because they may introduce temptations and diabolical thoughts secretly. 

condemning apostates isn't going to get one to heaven. We should consider apostates from orthodoxy as probably not going to heaven but only God can judge and condemning them is wrong because they may return from the dead and one could be trying to prevent it. A child of a apostate is not however guilty as he was never orthodox. If one is orthodox and has a living apostate parent he should try to win their soul without forcing himself on them

Protestants and Catholics who were never orthodox however can go to heaven. I use the below as a source

http://orthodoxinfo.com/inquirers/metphil_heterodox.aspx

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:24:42 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 08:42:46 AM »
I can't hold the above position because I don't think it is right.

As long as one is Christian and does not condemn people who are orthodox and loves them he is saved in the world to come even if he was orthodox
I am talking about all apostates but there are orthodox apostates who actually believe non orthodox beliefs but they have misunderstood the truth

I can't edit this out because of mor Ephrem.
I can't say this opinion is compete but I am not allowed to make empty posts
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:11:43 AM by mikeforjesus »