Author Topic: Coptic Liturgy Recording  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Orthodox11

• Archon
Coptic Liturgy Recording
« on: February 28, 2010, 02:50:53 PM »
I really liked this recording of the Coptic Liturgy in English, from the Cathedral at Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt. It shows you how everything's done in the altar, etc.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
Re: Coptic Liturgy Recording
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 08:58:01 PM »
wow...that's more English than my parish does, even when we do our liturgy mostly in English.

I remember when taking to my grandma to a Liturgy that did an all Arabic liturgy that particular Sunday, she was very happy, commenting on how the church here uses more Arabic than in Egypt.  How ironic that a Sharm el Sheikh cathedral uses more English than our parish.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Orthodox11

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 09:04:20 PM »
How ironic that a Sharm el Sheikh cathedral uses more English than our parish.

I didn't realise there were any Egyptians left in Sharm. I thought it was all Russians and Brits.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 09:11:50 PM »

I didn't realise there were any Egyptians left in Sharm. I thought it was all Russians and Brits.

lol...ya, I got that impression too.  Probably the Egyptians who live there are mostly working in resorts and hotels and businesses around them (and families with them).  I saw a Kyrollos working as a waiter in a resort  and bartender during the night.

What's interesting is that the Egyptians workers hate Egyptians who come to the resorts, especially during meals, since we tend to eat more at the buffets.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 09:16:34 PM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Rafa999

• OC.net guru
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 01:13:58 AM »

lol...ya, I got that impression too.  Probably the Egyptians who live there are mostly working in resorts and hotels and businesses around them (and families with them).  I saw a Kyrollos working as a waiter in a resort  and bartender during the night.

What's interesting is that the Egyptians workers hate Egyptians who come to the resorts, especially during meals, since we tend to eat more at the buffets.

Lol! I think the buffet thing is true for all immigrants going to their countrymen's restaurants. Same here.  ;D
I am NOT a representative of the ACOE. Ignore my posts

Offline xuxana

• babygirl
  • i♡ΙΧΘΥΣ!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 02:40:57 PM »
that is so beautiful! i love the middle eastern vibe from it.  it's just simply uplifting.
Ephesians 6:10-18

Offline Salpy

• Toumarches
  • Holy Martyrs of the Armenian Genocide pray for us!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 03:04:07 PM »
Welcome to the forum, xuxana!

Offline xuxana

• babygirl
  • i♡ΙΧΘΥΣ!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 03:38:04 PM »
^ thank you so much, Salpy. God Bless you. :)
Ephesians 6:10-18