OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 10:27:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coptic Liturgy Recording  (Read 1181 times) Average Rating: 0
Orthodox11
Archon

« on: February 28, 2010, 02:50:53 PM »

I really liked this recording of the Coptic Liturgy in English, from the Cathedral at Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt. It shows you how everything's done in the altar, etc.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 08:58:01 PM »

wow...that's more English than my parish does, even when we do our liturgy mostly in English.

I remember when taking to my grandma to a Liturgy that did an all Arabic liturgy that particular Sunday, she was very happy, commenting on how the church here uses more Arabic than in Egypt.  How ironic that a Sharm el Sheikh cathedral uses more English than our parish.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Orthodox11
Archon

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 09:04:20 PM »

How ironic that a Sharm el Sheikh cathedral uses more English than our parish.

I didn't realise there were any Egyptians left in Sharm. I thought it was all Russians and Brits.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 09:11:50 PM »

I didn't realise there were any Egyptians left in Sharm. I thought it was all Russians and Brits.

lol...ya, I got that impression too.  Probably the Egyptians who live there are mostly working in resorts and hotels and businesses around them (and families with them).  I saw a Kyrollos working as a waiter in a resort  and bartender during the night.

What's interesting is that the Egyptians workers hate Egyptians who come to the resorts, especially during meals, since we tend to eat more at the buffets.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 09:16:34 PM by minasoliman » Logged

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Rafa999
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: Latin Rite

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 01:13:58 AM »

lol...ya, I got that impression too.  Probably the Egyptians who live there are mostly working in resorts and hotels and businesses around them (and families with them).  I saw a Kyrollos working as a waiter in a resort  and bartender during the night.

What's interesting is that the Egyptians workers hate Egyptians who come to the resorts, especially during meals, since we tend to eat more at the buffets.

Lol! I think the buffet thing is true for all immigrants going to their countrymen's restaurants. Same here.  Grin

I am NOT a representative of the ACOE. Ignore my posts
xuxana
babygirl

Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

i♡ΙΧΘΥΣ!

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 02:40:57 PM »

that is so beautiful! i love the middle eastern vibe from it.  it's just simply uplifting.

Ephesians 6:10-18
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 03:04:07 PM »

Welcome to the forum, xuxana!

xuxana
babygirl

Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROCOR

i♡ΙΧΘΥΣ!

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 03:38:04 PM »

^ thank you so much, Salpy. God Bless you. Smiley

Ephesians 6:10-18
Tags: Coptic Orthodox Church liturgy online 
Pages: 1   Go Up