Author Topic: Jean Yves Leloup  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Andrea

Jean Yves Leloup
« on: February 28, 2010, 01:09:50 PM »
I was handed a book called Compassion and Meditation: the Spiritual Dynamic Between Buddhism and Christianity by Jean Yves Leloup.  He apparently is a French Orthodox priest. Here is his website: http://www.jeanyvesleloup.com/ag/biographie.php  Has anyone read of this book or know of this priest?

Offline RaphaCam

• President of Canada
  • OC.net guru
  • Hieromartyr Irenaeus
    • Facebook - A Bíblia Ilustrada
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Church of Poland - Archeparchy of Brazil
Re: Jean Yves Leloup
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 03:03:26 AM »
I'll resurrect this thread, since I would like to know more about him. He wrote the first Orthodox book I have ever read, which was an exegesis of the Revelation of John. Two friends have told me he's a bit under the influence of post-modern religious philosophy, but I didn't get it, at least not off the one book I read. Also, I'm aware he's from the OCF, which is uncanonical.
Only-begotten Son and Logos of God, being immortal, you condescended for our salvation to take flesh from the holy Theotokos and ever-virgin Mary and, without change, became man. Christ, our God, you were crucified and conquered death by death. Being one with the Holy Trinity, glorified with the Father and the Holy Spirit: save us.