Author Topic: This poor chimpanzee!  (Read 469 times)

Offline Salpy

• Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • New Martyrs of Libya pray for us!
This poor chimpanzee!
« on: February 27, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »
I feel so sorry for this poor chimp.  It seems like animal abuse.  Who would introduce him to tobacco and liquor?  Lord have mercy.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/travel/Boozy+chimp+sent+rehab+Russia/2616639/story.html

MOSCOW - A Russian chimpanzee has been sent to rehab by zookeepers to cure the smoking and beer-drinking habits he has picked up, a popular daily reported on Friday. An ex-performer, Zhora became aggressive at his circus and was transferred to a zoo in the southern Russian city of Rostov, where he fathered several baby chimps, learned to draw with markers and picked up his two vices.

"The beer and cigarettes were ruining him. He would pester passers-by for booze," the Komsomolskaya Pravda paper said.

It added he has now been transferred to the city of Kazan, about 800 km (500 miles) east of Moscow, for rehabilitation treatment.

© Copyright (c) The Montreal Gazette

Ai Ai, a 26-year-old chimpanzee, enjoys a cigarette after a meal in her glass enclosure at the zoo in Xian, in central China's Shaanxi province, in this August 2005 file photo. A Russian chimpanzee has been sent to rehab by zookeepers to cure the smoking and beer-drinking habits he has picked up, a popular daily reported on Friday.
Photograph by: File, Reuters

Offline deusveritasest

• Taxiarches
    • Facebook
Re: This poor chimpanzee!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 10:40:06 PM »
 :'( :'( :'(
I stopped posting here in August 2011 because of stark disagreement with the policies of the administration and moderating team of the forums. If you desire, feel free to PM me, message me on Facebook (link in profile), or email me: cddombrowski@gmail.com

Offline Rafa999

• OC.net guru
Re: This poor chimpanzee!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 01:15:35 AM »
I saw a case exactly lkike that a long time ago. Why do they give chimps cigarettes...
I am NOT a representative of the ACOE. Ignore my posts