OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 11:27:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloading from YouTube  (Read 1459 times) Average Rating: 0
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA (Old Calendar)

« on: February 23, 2010, 02:35:54 PM »

I recently inquired about what album some chants on YouTube came from, and the poster told me just to download the songs from YouTube.  How would I do this?
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 02:58:13 PM »

if you have real player installed on your computer, you should be able to dl most any youtube video by hovering your cursor over the embedded video. 

if not, you might want to look into getting real player @ www.real.com

alternatively, if you just want the music, you could record the sound using any number of media recorders (even the basic one on windows) as a .wav file and then have itunes or whatever audio player you use convert that .wav to mp3.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Old Calendar)

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 03:09:38 PM »

alternatively, if you just want the music, you could record the sound using any number of media recorders (even the basic one on windows) as a .wav file and then have itunes or whatever audio player you use convert that .wav to mp3.

Can you spell out how to do this for me, step by step?
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 03:45:07 PM »

Actually, the easiest way I've found is to use SoundCapture as it cuts out the conversion step.  DL it and give it a shot.  I havent used it in a while, but IIRC, it's pretty easy to set up and should suit your purposes.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 04:10:27 PM by Schultz » Logged

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
stashko
Protokentarchos

Faith: ИСТОЧНИ ПРАВОСЛАВНИ СРБИН
Jurisdiction: Non Ecumenist Free Serbian Orthodox Church

Wonderworking Sitka Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 03:57:58 PM »

download vdownloader here....http://www.brothersoft.com/vdownloader-62293.html
Its better than realplayer downloader ...
It downloads you-tub video's try it ,,i like it a lot....

ГОСПОДЕ ГОСПОДЕ ,ПОГЛЕДАЈ СА НЕБА ,ДОЂИ И ПОСЕТИ ТВОЈ ВИНОГРАД ТВОЈА ДЕСНИЦА ПОСАДИЛА АМИН АМИН.
wynd
High Elder

Transfiguration

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 04:06:05 PM »

I've used this website before: http://keepvid.com/
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 02:18:14 AM »

I have "realplayer," but many of the videos I try to play via realplayer still "buffer." Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
ytterbiumanalyst
Professor Emeritus, CSA
Merarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the Midwest

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 12:45:53 PM »

I have "realplayer," but many of the videos I try to play via realplayer still "buffer." Is there anything I can do to fix this?
No. Buffering is an integral part of streaming video, and cannot be eliminated. If you have a slow connection, however, you can pause a video as soon as it begins to load and wait a minute or two before pressing "play." This method may help to reduce the number of times a video needs to buffer and/or the amount of time each buffering takes.

"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens
Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 01:41:03 PM »

Thanks.

Selam

If you have a fast connection like Fios or cable along with a fast computer buffing isn't an issue. The video is always downloaded faster than it can be viewed.

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: