Author Topic: Church History Podcasts  (Read 783 times)

Offline deuteros

Church History Podcasts
« on: February 23, 2010, 10:35:33 AM »
Can anyone recommend any podcasts that go through church history from the first century through the present day?

Offline Schultz

• Christian. Guitarist. Scooterist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
  • Taxiarches
  • Scion of the McKeesport Becks.
Re: Church History Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 10:43:58 AM »
I've recently started listening to Matthew Namee's "History of Orthodoxy in the Americas" podcast on Ancient Faith Radio, which I highly recommend.  The recent on on Orthodoxy in Colonial Virginia was fascinating to me, as I studied colonial archaeology in college and my mother's family has deep roots in Virginia.  If you're the slightest bit interested in American religious history, Matthew's podcasts are a winner.
"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen

Offline ironsiderodger

• St Eudocia- still in progress.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 12:46:13 PM »
Also on AFR Michael Hyatt's "At the Intersection of East and West" did a great series on the Councils of the Church- which while not covering the whole of history, cover at least this area realy well. They were recorded starting around 11/08 thru 3/09

Offline deuteros

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 03:26:58 PM »
I've listed to the stuff on Ancient Faith Radio (especially Michael Hyatt's podcast) and it's really good. But it's not really what I'm looking for in regards to this request.

I've found this:

http://www.orthodoxchurchhistory.com/Audio_Lectures.php

But I was wondering if anyone has come across anything else worth noting.