OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 16, 2014, 07:52:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday of Orthodoxy Vespers  (Read 2090 times) Average Rating: 0
monkvasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC 0f USA

« on: February 16, 2010, 10:17:05 AM »

Well, things still don't seem to be clear between the OCA and Metro Methodios, but our second deacon got tired of it and decided with the blessing of our priest to organize a pan-orthodox celebration at our church, St. Andrew's.  It will be at 5pm at: Saint Andrew The First Called Apostle, Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Boston, 24 Orchardhill Road, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130. 

Directions:

The church is just south of the Forest Hills MBTA station.
When traveling north or south on the Arborway, exit before the overpass and take the exit road to the lights.

When traveling south, turn left and then an immediate right, follow the road under the overpass Orchardhill Road is ahead - take a right onto it.

When traveling northbound, take a left onto Washington St and then another left towards Orchardhill Road.

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 11:29:37 AM »

If I lived closer, I would be there!

I wish you success and a packed church!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
monkvasyl
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 11:51:01 AM »

Thank you, and God bless.

podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 12:21:07 PM »

For those in the Binghamton, NY area, i.e. the central southern tier of New York and the northeast tier of Pennsylvania, the Sunday of Orthodoxy Vespers will be held on February 21st at 4 p.m. at the Greek Orthodox Church of the Annunciation, 4121 O'Hara Road Vestal, NY.   The Very. Rev. Jason Kappanadze, Rector of Holy Trinity Orthodox Church, Elmira Heights, NY will be the homilist. Participating parishes will include: St. Michael's of Binghamton and St. Mary's of Endicott (ACROD), St. John's of Johnson City (UOC), SS. Peter and Paul, Endicott and Dormition of the Theotokos, Binghamton (OCA) and  our host parish, Annunciation and Holy Trinity of Binghamton (GOARCH.) The responses will be sung by the local Pan-Orthodox Choir with selections from all traditions. If you are in the area, or a student at Binghamton University please join with us. (The Church is located across the Vestal Parkway from the University and off of Old Vestal Road.)  We have been blessed to celebrate together for over four decades without interruption in our valley. This is a testament to all of the Orthodox, both clergy and laity, who reside in our region.
Basil 320
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of Pittsburgh

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 12:43:31 PM »

In Greater Cleveland, Ohio, the Triumph of Orthodoxy Joint Commemoration will be conducted at the Orthodox Christian Church of the Holy Trinity (OCA), 6822 Broadview Rd., in Parma, where the noted Fr. Vladimir Berzonsky has been the Rector since the parish's founding in the early '60's.  It is sponsored by the Greater Cleveland Council of Orthodox Clergy, Fr. Stephen Callos, (GOAA) President, and will include the clergy and parishes of Lorain, Ohio, too. 30 parishes will be represented at the service which begins at 5:00 p.m.

"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."
admiralnick
Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 01:51:18 PM »

In the Chicago Area, the service will be at Holy Resurrection Serbian Cathedral; 5701 North Redwood Drive, Chicago Illinois 60631
Its right off of I-90 which feeds O'Hare airport. The guest homilist will be Fr. Kevin Scherer Executive Director, Orthodox Christian Fellowship (OCF). The start time is 6:30pm. Let me know if you need directions or additional information.

-Nick

The ORIGINAL: "NULL"
katherineofdixie
Archon

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 03:49:51 PM »

In Atlanta, Sunday of Orthodoxy Vespers will be held at the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of the Annunciation, 2500 Clairmont Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA, 6 pm, with refreshments following.

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 05:37:53 PM »

In the Columbia, SC area, the service will be at Saint Barnabas Orthodox Church, 1641 Jessamine Road, Lexington, SC 29072.  The start time is 6:00pm. After the service, there will be some Lenten finger foods and fellowship.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
admiralnick
Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
OC.net guru

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 11:00:25 AM »

With great amazement, the Chicago Sunday of Orthodoxy Vespers featured 8 hierarchs from the Chicago area including 2 heads of metropolis (Met. Christopher and Met. Iakovos). It was a good service and there were a large number of people as well as a large choir.

-Nick

The ORIGINAL: "NULL"
Orual
Orthodoxy = 7, not 3
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Sunday Morning Costume Parade

I'm just here for the food.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 11:58:31 AM »

The Sunday of Orthodoxy Vespers for Westchester County, New York:  http://www.svots.edu/fr-john-behrs-homily-at-westchester-pan-orthodox-vespers/

He spoke it as kindly and heartily as could be; as if a man dashed a gallon of cold water in your broth and never doubted you'd like it all the better. 

- C.S. Lewis, Till We Have Faces
f.k.a. Matron.a
monkvasyl
High Elder

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 12:25:29 PM »

Boston had 86 people attending with 5 priests (4 serving), and 4 deacons.  In attendance were clergy from UOC of USA, OCA, Bulgarian, and Antiochian jurisdictions, and if I'm not mistaken, a couple from a Greek parish also attended. 

Sarah

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 02:48:44 PM »

In the Columbia, SC area, the service will be at Saint Barnabas Orthodox Church, 1641 Jessamine Road, Lexington, SC 29072.  The start time is 6:00pm. After the service, there will be some Lenten finger foods and fellowship.

Were you there?  I thought it was great to have members from all 4 Orthodox Churches in the area celebrate together!  Had some of my potato kibbee for lunch today.
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 05:15:51 PM »

Great service, great fellowship and great food. Especially, the potato kibbee!  angel

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 04:37:27 PM »

In North Texas we hit most of the ethnicities for Pan-Orthodox Vespers. There is a homily after the service then a meal:

March 4 — Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, Dallas
March 11 — Falling Asleep of the Ever-Virgin Mary Romanian Church, Colleyville
March 18 — Sts. Constantine and Helen Antiochian Orthodox Church, Dallas
March 25 — St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church, Euless
April 1 — St. Seraphim Cathedral, Orthodox Church in America, Dallas

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
Tags: vespers Sunday of Orthodoxy 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: